Roleplaying ideas for hidden chests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I do a lot of roleplaying in Skyrim, and I'm a big fan of the immersion rule sets that power many of the journals on this forum. I've noticed that most of those rule sets include a "no glitches or exploits" rule, but I've been thinking lately about how to incorporate the hidden chests in Dawnstar, Markarth, and Solitude into a roleplay scenario.

One idea is to only use the Dawnstar and Solitude chests and roleplay them as "shipments.". Your character can be a porter for one of the general goods stores, and can visit these ports weekly or monthly to pick up the "shipment" and deliver it for a fee. In this scenario, there should be no perks invested in speech, as the porter should only receive a portion of the sales price of each item for their pay. This would also work best with a "no fast travel" rule, as there should be a time investment associated with picking up so much free loot.

Another idea is to roleplay a scenario in which the character, before leaving for Skyrim, paid x amount of gold to have all of their possessions shipped to one of the ports ahead of their arrival. This allows the character to start off with a nice array of armor, weapons, gold, and ingredients, perfect for those who roleplay without acknowledging the "prisoner" prologue at Helgen.

Any other ideas?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts