• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BlackRat

I'm curious. I have always approached TES as a role player. I set my own limitations, never break "character". I level up slowly, and I seem to get near-infinite replay this way.

I'm curious about what you do, how far you go, what kind of limits you set, or the things you won't do.

Just for discussions sake. I've read an awful lot of threads on here about how best to max out power and stats, how to clear every uestline, or the best combo of weapons and spells an armour. I want to hear from those of you that play in character, always.

BadRaZoR

I stay in character as much as possible but i do break character every once in awhile if it suits my needs. I agree that roleplaying your avatar makes the game more fun.

I play a stealthy thief / assassin type character. My roleplay is of a "lost soul" type person who took up this trade because i was brought up to fend for myself in life. As i finish the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests, i will then have some sort of "epiphany" and realize that my calling was to do good using the skills that i learned and i will eventually save the world, as usual ;)

Even in a fantasy setting, i find it hard to do bad things. I prefer to help the damsel in distress than murder the pathetic begger for his bottle of mead. I actually don't like murdering my hit list for the brotherhood which is why i always ask to hear the history of the person i'm gonna murder and i always prey i'm murdering some person that did something very bad. I hate having to assassinate someone just because their mining business is costing someone elses business money.

I can't wait until i'm done brotherhood and thieves and get all my goodies then i can start to do good in the world :)

CanisNoir

I'm an old school PnP Role Player but consider myself a Role Player-Lite now. I tend to develope mental back stories for all of my characters but they've all got the flexibility to some things out of character. My Wood Elf stealth archer, for example is fairly proficient with Smithing despite the fact that she doesn't wear any crafted armor yet. (She makes it all for her meat shield) The limit on her being that despite needing to go talk to the mages in Winterhold and not shying away from summoning a flame atronaught from time to time, she won't join the mages guild. Will probably stick to DB and Thieves Guild. She's a fair alchemist though, because what sneak thief doesn't love making a good poison? Hasn't even stumbled upon a cook pot and hopes to avoid them as if her life depended on it.

Just started an Argonian mage who will focus on the Mage Guild quests, avoid smithing but will dabble in alchemy, enchanting and cooking. Eventually I'll have a fighter type who'll go through the companion quest lines, but really the factions are the major self imposed limits I place on my characters.

nordicwolff

i roleplay as a nord. i have a wife and we live in a house in white run. were not rich so when we have no money to buy food i go hunting. me and my wife have a happy marriage and we have a normal life...sort of. ive been hiding a secret from my wife and all my friends for 3 years. every month on the full moon i go deep in the woods in secret and...change. i change into a monster, you call the monster many names such as lycan or skinwalker but you commonly call it a werewolf. i don't feed on humans, i think. i don't remember what i do as the beast. sometimes i hear rumors that people went in the woods during the full moon and never came back. when i hear that i am overwhelmed by terror knowing that they will never return because i killed them. so that's my roleplay, tell me what you think. im always in character.

I am trying to role play.
But its not easy. for exsample, if you set yourself up limit that not go fast travel, only walk to destination.
after then, im been shaken 'why am i doing this? templer of mara told me to go markath. its too far away from here. if
i walk to markath, it will take about 1hour real time.'
that is my trouble to role character.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I am a role player in the sense of character decisions. I'm not going to waste my time walking EVERYWHERE but I do limit the things my character will do based on who that character is. That doesn't mean I don't have the option to allow him evolution however. For example, my main:

Dor the Redguard knight

Dor is a large man. His stonewall expression and lack of vocalization often have caused him to be avoided, shunned, or even feared by strangers as he passed through the streets of his home in Hammerfell. Despite, and in fact quite the polar opposite of his appearance, Dor has always had an intellectual superiority to many of his peers. Before leaving his home, the few who were familiar with Dor would often find him within the sweltering heat of his unique home. Four walls encompassed a single dirt floored room, nearly half of which was occupied by a large home built furnace. Strewn along the walls, over a massive anvil, and next to a modest bed pallet were books upon books ranging from brand new publications to ancient tomes barely in one piece. Many nights the hulking wood-skinned warrior would pound a song into metals of every malleability whilst his eyes shifted between hammer and canvas pages. Was....did....were....before leaving home.

He had been captured by the imperial army while being sent to investigate odd rumors his lord had gleaned about a war in Skyrim. The old man was noble at heart, but entirely too nosey for his own good. Now his strongest knight rode in the back of a wagon in shackles, a "Stormcloak rebel" in a war he knew nothing of. No matter, Dor had long enough dealt with soldiers to know that too often words were lost on them. Dor kept his silence, he always kept his silence. Odd that he had never had the moral ambiguity for thievery given his natural desire to remain unheard. Of course his silence mostly kept him out of trouble, quite the contrary to the horse thief sitting across the shoddy vehicle they bounced around in. Regardless it would not save him much trouble this time as he bumped down the road alongside a petty thief, a Nordic rebel, and his silent king-less leader. Clearly this land has little care for lack of words. Soon none of them would have much to say. Dor kept his silence, and pondered the distant roar of an unknown great beast.

Overall Dor has followed this general template. He is now the Harbinger of the Champions and thane to multiple Skyrim cities. A darkness has been brewing within him lately (no doubt a consequence of the deadric princes his curiosity has him associating with) and is likely to cause him issues of moral nature in the near future. Undoubtedly in the end his good and noble nature will shine through in the end.

Wilton

I have always tried to stay true to the character I went with. I had always played a Paladin or Lawful good person. until Morrowind. A wood Elf Ranger became my favorite. As a fresh start to Skyrim I am playing a Thieving Lizard named? what else but Snape!! lots of stealth ,very little magic.except maybe enchanting.

Divinity

I have always tried to stay true to the character I went with. I had always played a Paladin or Lawful good person. until Morrowind. A wood Elf Ranger became my favorite. As a fresh start to Skyrim I am playing a Thieving Lizard named? what else but Snape!! lots of stealth ,very little magic.except maybe enchanting.
You need to be a master of Alchemy :p

I try to stay true to my Paladin type character, but i cheated and did the thieves guild for the Skeleton key xD

Syed Ahmad

My character Sedalius or Sed, used to be a money hungry mercenary who turned into a savior of Tamriel after realizing he is the dovahkiin. Though Sedalius has made plenty of bad decisions like figthing with the imperials, he now has settled in Solitude with his wife Camilla and dog Meeko. Since he is adventuring most of the time, Jordis, his housecarl, protects his family and property from his various enemies. In his free time, he takes Meeko out to the wilds, gets supplies for his house, and spends time with his wife in his proudspire manor. Sedalius is a strong willed person who doesnt get influecend by Daedric Lords who often ask him to be their champions. but Sedalius denies the Daedra. He is hiding a big secret from his family. As he had swore, he took the dark gift from the companions. Little does anyone know, the Savior of Tamriel is a wild beast known as werewolf. While in this form , Sedalius often loses control of his brain and feeds on anyone who stands in his path.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm doing my role-playing journal. Basically, I get in character and write down every day of my adventure. Originally I tried to do it on a journal book but I found that a little too tedious since I was writing a LOT and fast.. I got down to around 20k words on my word document :] I plan on posting them here eventually...

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
I stay in character so much that I die a little inside when my elf dies in game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts