Open Rise of the Falmer [ROF] Character Cards & Rules

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
    Name:
    Riniir

Race:
    Redguard

Class:
    Alik'r Soulstealer (Combination of an Illusionist and Assassin, plus a tad bit of Conjurer)

Physical Description:
    Skin as dark as ebony, clothes even darker. He wears the traditional Redguard outfit seen upon the many Alik'r warriors throughout Skyrim, only his is black as the sky is vast. No scars mar his face; a face that many a Reguard woman, and many a woman of other races, finds to be utterly beautiful. His eyes are blue as the ocean's waters, and just as deep. To gaze into them for too long is a grave mistake, for these are the eyes that will tear through your soul and leave nothing behind, aside from sheer insanity. He is impressively tall, standing at six feet and ten inches. He is not what one would consider to be incredibly muscle-bound, but he is certainly a strong man. In one hand, he holds always a spell; be it a spell to trap the souls of his enemies; or to send them in to a frenzied bloodlust; or to calm them so they forget that they are, in fact, his enemies; or for any other purpose. In his belt, he keeps is precious dagger, to which he refers only as Lairah. The blade has no enchantments, but is made of a ebony, and is sharper than the serpent's silver tongue. He wears a strange amulet around his neck. A jade skull is its pendant. Some say it gives him a taste of the power that Mannimarco, the King of Worms, once wielded. But it's simply madness to think of that as truth. Right?

History/Biography:
    Riniir was raised in the harsh lands of the Alik'r Desert. Born to two avid skooma-users, Riniir mostly raised himself. At the age of ten, he simply walked past his mother and father and left home. He doubts that they even noticed his absence. He trekked through the desert to the capital: Alik'ra. When he arrived there, he was half-starved and dying of thirst. A friendly high elf fed him and gave him water. He offered Riniir a spot in his caravan that was heading into Skyrim. Riniir accepted and joined up with a group of Altmer that had come all the way from the Summerset Isles. Riniir had the feeling that the men were on the run. But from what, he did not know. When they reached Skyrim, he learned that they planned to set up camp and roam the roads as highwaymen. They were powerful mages, and Riniir knew he couldn't simply pass up an opportunity like this. So, he asked for the Altmer to educate him in all things arcane. Only one man actually had any true skill with magic; the man who had rescued Riniir. He taught Riniir everything he knew about the colleges of Illusion, Conjuration, Destruction, and Alteration. However, Riniir was only truly interested in the first two. And so, after two years in the company of the mage marauders, he decided to travel to the College of Winterhold. He had heard tales of the College in taverns, but very much doubted their authenticity. But he had to see for himself. Five months later, he arrived. Once there, he passed the tests and was admitted. He studied for a full year and a half. After that time, he set off to roam the roads once more. He... practiced... his skills on many of the villagers he encountered. He murdered many a man and woman. He trapped their souls in his gems, which were as black as his blade. He quickly became known throughout Skyrim as the Demon of Alik'r. He was never captured, as the guards are more than a little afraid at the notion of approaching such a dangerous man. But he did give of his life up crime and death; at least, to an extent. Now a man of thirty-five, he has decided to pursue religion. He is still unafraid to kill, but will only do defend himself and the innocent. Having gone several years without murder at the hands of the Demon of Alik'r, many inhabitants of Skyrim think him simply to be a tale, meant to keep children in their beds at night. But he is real. As real as you and I.

Personality:
    He is a quiet man: preferring to observe rather than interfere. He will speak his opinion if asked of it, but generally not before. He has a troubled past that once influenced his life and actions, but he has turned to a new path. He holds no prejudice towards any living being, which is why he refuses to pick a side in the Civil War. To him, both sides are led by ignorant men fighting for a fool's cause.

Other:
    >Riniir is undeniably intelligent. Which is, perhaps, how he became a master magic-user in less than time that most who were born outside of the magical world would have taken to even grasp the concept of magic.
    >He once was a heavy skooma-user (like father like son), but has recently begun to ween himself off of the drug.
    >He likes his mead, as well.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    Sounds good to me rolasa, when should I add ya in?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Prime, when I first started reading your card, I was thinking "Oh geez, someone else who wants to be a ridiculous assassin/whatever else person". But I like how your character has started pursuing other interests and has turned a new leaf, in a way. I think it makes him very interesting. I approve. :D

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Sal, just read through the RP thread.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
    Prime, when I first started reading your card, I was thinking "Oh geez, someone else who wants to be a ridiculous assassin/whatever else person". But I like how your character has started pursuing other interests and has turned a new leaf, in a way. I think it makes him very interesting. I approve. :D

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    No scars mar his face; a face that many a Reguard woman, and many a woman of other races, finds to be utterly beautiful.

I do have to say though, this line kind of made me chuckle. xD

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
    I do have to say though, this line kind of made me chuckle. xD
    Well, what is a man without his beauty?
    An ugly man. And who wants that?

Rale

No scars? sissy :p

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
    I hope my post didn't kill the story XD Now you are all free to do what you want.

(though it kind of stinks... I've put myself in a position where I kinda can't post for a while :p)

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Ok, I'm going to start running after Emberlynn. Someone stop me so I don't get too far. xD

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus

OriginOfAbsolution

Aw Melee, your post makes me feel guilty :sadface: XD

I still can't decide what will happen yet with Ember... like, what kind of stuff could she do/who could she run into while she's on her own? Damn it, I have no creativity. Haha

Rale

THE RABBIT!!

OriginOfAbsolution

?? Are you saying Emberlynn could meet the rabbit in the woods? XD Actually, that might be kind of fascinating :p

Rale

my thoughts exactly

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Aww, don't feel guilty. Melee's just upset. And slightly confused. But that's ok. That's how the story is playing out. :D

OriginOfAbsolution

Hmmm... Only thing is that it's not like Emberlynn would be able to hear the rabbit too, right? So it would be more like a random furry companion who maybe hangs out with Emberlynn for a bit while looking for you :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts