• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

greenie0101

When i bought Skyrim i hoped i could fly on a dragon at some point. I've looked at the new DLC and am disappointed that there is no steering. I understand that this could potentially have bugs but i just dont see the point in flying a dragon in useless circles. The developers could add a min height above the ground to fix mountain/tree crashing. Maybe a area around cities where it asks you if you want to fly in or not, if you pick no the dragon turns around, if you click yes it would have to load the city. Also, not sure if it does, but having a dragon should boost your powers, like share some of the dragons health with you, give you extra mana and stamina. Like dragon riders in the eregon books.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
Skyrim's engine was clearly not designed with aerial combat in mind. The fact that they got it to work as will as it does is pretty impressive.

greenie0101

Hmm well surely steering could be added. It just has to be like riding a horse. only reason i want it is so i have a fast way to explore new parts of skyrim

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Even if you can't control altitude/pitch you should be able to control yaw/direction. I fail to see the purpose of riding a dragon that I can't actually use to get anywhere. It just goes about in circles like an amusement park ride.

Bend Will is a nice peaceful way to resolve dragon battles quickly, and I do appreciate that aspect of it, but flying a dragon as it exists in the game now is fairly underwhelming.

JClarke1953

Look, if a few year's ago, there were/are games where you can fly aerial combat with jet planes and helicopter's. and they are still out there, and even better. On WoW you can get several mounts to fly, but not in combat (last I saw. I quit a few years ago). But, you can fly/land anywhere you want.

I was so looking forward to flying on a Dragon, but I hated flying in circles. If I was lucky, there was a foe or beast nearby I could cast fire at, but other than that, well, not much to it. And not all that much "fun" either.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts