• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elvus

I made a warrior type orc character a while back and now I really regret choosing a lot of stupid perks like fists of steel and I want to start over again. So I'm going to make a new warrior class and I'm really on the fence about a preferred healing method for a warrior since there isn't a healing skill under the warrior's skill group. Let me know what you guys did on your warrior characters.

Thanks in advance guys.

Forumate

Go with alchemy! You can make a lot of useful potions that will help out your warrior in combat. Healing, stamina, one/two handed damage, archery damage, potions to help block more damage or resist damage etc.

My warrior loves to pick followers and catch butterfly's so it's a natural fit for me :D

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
That is a very interesting topic and debate; Restoration is very much more reliable however it doesn't provide the utility Alchemy can produce and it's ability to replicate alot of Spells due to it's Variance.

I've always went Restoration when it came to needing a healing ability but through the years of TES since Morrowind; Alchemy has alot more possibilities.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Alchemy is way too flexible and powerful to be overlooked. Restoration... heals you, blocks magical attacks and turns undead (which is pretty useless if you tell me... It might be handy but you might as well kill all of them while you're at it) Alchemy can not only refill your health, magicka and stamina bar, but it also gives you variety of buffs (+% enchanting & smithing, +% damage with weapons, +% barter, paralysis, etc...)
Restoration used to be one of the best skill in TES since it used to give all sort of buffs that players abused. If you want to be more efficient with the game, I would just go with alchemy. I would only go with Restoration if I feel like role-playing as a priest or a paladin. Hopefully mods will make the schools of magic much more interesting

Elvus

I know alchemy is extremely useful,but finding a reliable source of ingredients I can use to make healing potions is pretty difficult to find. I did experiment with alchemy on my stealth character but finding ingredients was always a problem. My next character is for sure going to be a 2-hand weapon user so restoration would be extremely annoying,so alchemy it is then:). Thanks for the advice everyone.

Elvus

!!POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!

There's a really nice garden you can get at the end of the dark brotherhood quests and at the end of the mage's guild quests that give you a good variety of ingredients.

Forumate

I saw the one in the Arch Mage's quarters. I always feel bad stealing from there and yet I do it all the time.