• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

George he

So i finished all the Dawnguard missions, i chose to join the Dawnguards thinking oh i can become a vampire afterwards for fun if i want to. then when i talked to Serana, i for some reason assumed asking if she wanted to be cured as just a conversation, to hear her say she wants to stay as who she is.. turns out she just walked away and went to be fixed...

so now, i have no way to become a vampire when i want to. is there a code for this?

or, if i just get bitten by a random vampire NPC, do i get to become a vampire lord?

thanks!

Kaelbu

I think only Serana or Lord Harkon could turn you into a vampire lord, but you can become a common vampire by letting one cast vampiric drain on you during battle. You still get the freaky makeover and the negative sun effects and other powers that progress with your hunger (as far as I know). You just can't turn into the hulking monster.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Unfortunately, only Harkon and Serana can turn you into a Vampire Lord. I dunno if there are any console commands for that though :sadface:

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kaelbu

Pete

Why would the vanquisher of Harkon want to be vampire??? Oh the treachery you could reap on the dawngaurd.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I think only Serana or Lord Harkon could turn you into a vampire lord, but you can become a common vampire by letting one cast vampiric drain on you during battle. You still get the freaky makeover and the negative sun effects and other powers that progress with your hunger (as far as I know). You just can't turn into the hulking monster.
Or take advantage of all the cool amenities of Castle Volkahir, or visit the Soul Cairn or have a nice home, or be able to keep your looks by turning in to a Lord and back, or... I think you get the point.

Kaelbu

I guess I was just thinking since he already finished the questline on the Dawnguard side, he wouldn't be concerned with Castle Volkihar. The biggest difference to me is no Vampire Lord mode or skill tree.

Daelon DuLac

I guess I was just thinking since he already finished the questline on the Dawnguard side, he wouldn't be concerned with Castle Volkihar. The biggest difference to me is no Vampire Lord mode or skill tree.
Touche. It's just too bad that the non-trueblood vampires are such weaklings.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The thing is if you become a vampire after you joined the Dawnguard you cant do any quests for them and if you talk to them they will tell you to see falion forever getting that quest stuck in your Journel until you start aging again. at least joining the vampires and becoming mortal at least they don't give you a quest you cant get rid of if you talk to them as a mortal.

Daelon DuLac

The thing is if you become a vampire after you joined the Dawnguard you cant do any quests for them and if you talk to them they will tell you to see falion forever getting that quest stuck in your Journel until you start aging again. at least joining the vampires and becoming mortal at least they don't give you a quest you cant get rid of if you talk to them as a mortal.
Hmm....

tx12001

Hmm....
in other words having serana turn you is not actually classified as a quest talking to falion is and you cant get rid of that quest unless you become mortal again

Daelon DuLac

Hmm....
in other words having serana turn you is not actually classified as a quest talking to falion is and you cant get rid of that quest unless you become mortal again
Well, not a huge issue for me. I don't really like the Dawnguard any more than I like the Blades. Generally I skip the entire thing, but I'm trying to get back in to it.

tx12001

Well, not a huge issue for me. I don't really like the Dawnguard any more than I like the Blades. Generally I skip the entire thing, but I'm trying to get back in to it.
I hate both the Dawnguard and the blades they seem to be against those who have power.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts