• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've never played one (it's hard for me to really get into non-human/elf characters) but the idea of breathing underwater intrigues me. Are there enough underwater places to explore to make that a good reason to play Argonian?

Are there any other good reasons to play one?

AS88

Staff member
There are a few nooks and crannies where it's useful to have waterbreathing, and it also allows you to better search underwater shipwrecks and the like. The biggest plus for me though, is the ability to flee from getting whooped by diving into a lake and staying there for a while, before emerging from the murky depths to strike again :p

Their daily, Histkin gives (I think) x10 Health Regen for 60 seconds, which is an absolute lifesaver in that final boss battle or when you get surrounded, etc.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I remember there was a mod developed which added more underwater treasure/shipwrecks etc, but I never tried it. It might be worth a look if you'd like to expand the possibilities of underwater exploration.

Sean

lost somewhere
There's not too many in Skyrim, but there were A LOT in Morrowind.
If you really want to breathe underwater, then you could just enchant a piece of armor or a ring that would to the same thing.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Never played an Argonian, but, am interested. I usually do enchant something with waterbreathing and have found quite a few chests underwater actually.

Argonians seem to also be slightly more accepted than Khajit, particularly in Riften. I never see any in any other city other than that sleezeball in Solitude. Never in Windhelm, Whiterun, Dawnstar, Morthal or Markarth. Hmm...

What are the significant advantages of playing an Argonian, other than their interesting looks?

AS88

Staff member

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Sean

lost somewhere
Never played an Argonian, but, am interested. I usually do enchant something with waterbreathing and have found quite a few chests underwater actually.

Argonians seem to also be slightly more accepted than Khajit, particularly in Riften. I never see any in any other city other than that sleezeball in Solitude. Never in Windhelm, Whiterun, Dawnstar, Morthal or Markarth. Hmm...

What are the significant advantages of playing an Argonian, other than their interesting looks?

There really aren't any, as any advantage with all the races can pretty much be gained through perks/spells/enchantments/equipment, or even just made redundant.

Basically, if you want to play as a lizard person, go ahead, and the game won't really be different for you.

Ritterkreuz

Most of my Dragonborns have been Argonian, I love 'em. Hitskin helps Early in the game, especially if you get into a fight that's a little over your head. The other bonus is the 50% disease immunity, which helps out a ton against vampires, and keeps you almost Ataxia free without becoming a werewolf.

Finally there's the look. I don't know why but I just the way my Argonian warriors look (perhaps because it's against type)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts