• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Nachael was distracted from Simus by the man who had just taken a seat at the table. He attempted to make conversation. "Are you much of a drinker, friend? I bet you'd love some Alik'r Snakeskin Ale. The stuff they sell in cities is alright, but there's nothing like a fresh batch out of a Dunedweller's snakeskin! Much more potent!" He gave a laugh as he said, "By the way, my name is Nachael. I noticed you talking to the man in love with the daughter of Simus here. Who are you? And if I should ramble like I believe I just did, please halt me." This was a testament to how transient Nachael's emotions were; maybe it came from living an equally transient nomadic life with the Dunedwellers. His mind returned to Whiterun from the desert, and he was in good spirits. A din of excitement was palpable in the catacomb.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Well, I like a good fight and I didn't like the racism I met with when I arrived in Windhelm. But that's just my motivation, not why I'm here. I'm actually in this place because of chance. I came to Windhelm by boat not long ago, and thought myself a fool for spending all my coin on passage from Sentinel. A few nights later, as luck would have it, a couple of Nords told me about this rebellion. After I thrashed them behind the inn, that is." Nachael smiled and returned the question. "I suppose you aren't fond of intolerance either?"

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    The Night was still and cold when Gin-Wulm entered Whiterun. He had heard whispers of a Rebellion council being held tonight..all who opposed the Tyrant Ulfric Stormcloak were welcome. Gin-Wulm cast his hood over his head, trying not to appear easily recognizable. The Torches around the Hall of the Dead were lit dimly, all was quiet. The Argonian tapped the door a couple times, it wasn't like him to just barge in...

Linamina

Eilene said nothing else, not in the mood to talk anymore. She had enough to relive at the moment and she didn't want to break down more than she already did. So many times during her years in the Grey Quarter when she just wanted to be left alone. The Nords wouldn't have it...She remembered Stone-fist and his nightly tirades. It was hard living in that slum as it is with all the crowded space without the local Nord's constant harrassment. How many times did she snap? She lost count, but it didn't give her naturally bad rep a bright light either way.

((pardon the lamely short post, running on a low posting time right now.))

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
    (Sorry about short post as well, making dinner)

Alex stayed silent during the screaming, she leaned against the cold stones and watched everybody. What a ragtag group, she thought to herself. She removed the katana from her sash and placed it on a table nearby.

"I hope that the reunions were nice but we should get onto business."

Long red hair swept over her face as she sat down near the edge of the large table.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Arillious liked this man. Titus. His pride and loyalty to the Imperial Military was something to appreciate, he was a little disappointed that their conversation was cut short, but small-talk can be saved for later. Alice walked over with greeting him a quick hug and a passionate kiss. It was clear his actions turned Alice to mush in his arms. He couldn't say he didn't like it though.

"I grew up in Bruma, I never liked much of the housing south of the Imperial City to be honest... I think the ideal house would be somewhere in Anvil or Bruma.. I want to have some land, the Imperial City is too cramped... what do you think?" He smiled. Hoping she would get the hint.

He twirled Alice around and wrapped her in a bear hug, as if to keep her warm, his chin on top of her head.

"Anyways... it seems that I am lucky I was chased through Whiterun, or I would have missed you guys. What is going on down here? What is it your all planning? I hear talk of a rebellion but no details."

It wasn't completely clear, but it seems as though Simus and Alice have had a change of heart about Ulfric. He hadn't talked much about politics since he met Simus back in that cave in Markarth. He did a good job at looking past any of his friend's views on the Civil War, but the war has ended, and the Imperials suffered a huge loss. If this rebellion was what he thinks it may be, this might just be another reason why Arillious should stick around Skyrim a little longer.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Not long after Garrick has stumbled upon this "meeting", three men came down the stairs - it was the
    Battle-Borns. Garrick did not like where this was going; after moments of their arrival, a bit of commotion has started. The Battle-Born Idolaf addressed a Captian Peleus. Wait, Captain Peleus? THE Captain Peleus?! Garrick mused to himself as he walked towards the legionnaire of legend but before he could even take a step, the ignorant Idolaf spat out words of indignity towards an imperial and to a woman who appears to be his daughter.

Without hesitation, the legionnaire assaulted the impudent Battle-Born, delivering punch after punch to his face until it flowed of crimson. Garrick was shocked at how the captain acted, but eventually understood his actions as he pointed out that the woman Idolaf just disgraced earlier was his fiancée. Garrick walked over the downed nord and approached the legionnaire, letting off a muffled "Sir?". His tracks, however, were once again halted as the woman went close to the legionnaire, sharing a passionate moment with each other. Garrick cleared his throat and decided to back off and leaned against a wall, looking away from the two in hopes that their intimacy is not interrupted.

Garrick crossed his arms as he looked around, tapping his finger against his arm as he indulge himself in thoughts. It seems everyone here is acquainted with each other in a way. I may be the only one here who is unwelcome. A chance to fell the tyranny of Ulfric is great, but I think I should find my own way of doing my part as I don't seem to belong here. Garrick inched his way towards the steps up and out of the room in a subtle manner.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    (OOC: Simus and Alice are Imperials, not Nords. And don't leave! You haven't had any wine yet :sadface:)

Alexstrasza

Alex watched the two in their close intimacy. She turned away and grabbed a jug of wine. She poured a large silver cup to the brim and began to drink slowly. The red liquid soon drowned out the two's romance. Seriously this isn't a family reunion, there was business to attend too, she thought to herself. Placing down the cup that was now half empty she looked up towards group. She cleared her throat and stood up, placing her hands on the table.

"Would someone please kindly tell me the strategy here? I'm sure we are not here so that two lovers can see each other."

She scanned the room with serious eyes.

Linamina

"Let them enjoy their moment. Seems like love is hard to find in this land." Eilene thought to herself.

How she admired and envied those with enough time for each other when others fought amongst themselves. She wasn't one to know that feeling, and when she came close the other found out her darker half and rejected her as if she meant nothing. She learned to live with such a curse.

She continued to wear her serious mask though, looking at Simus. "With due respect, sir, I suggest we make this meeting as short as possible. If the Imperial was really chased by Stormcloaks, who knows how long loyalties last with him here." She looked at Arillious quickly. "No offense."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Vignar and Simus scanned the room, taking in all of the faces, new and old. This was less than they really needed but more than they expected. However, as Alice said, it was a start. Simus would leave Alice and Arillious their moment: they needed this. He had come to love Arillious like a son and he had brought so much joy into Alice's life. It was all Simus could ever want for his little girl. Of course, Alice wasn't so little anymore and she could certainly take care of herself, but there are no days off from being a father. Simus had gotten a certain amout of satisfaction from seeing Arillious bust Idolaf's nose open. The boy knew how to throw a puch, and he was just as passionate as Simus was at his age.

He then refocused himself. They had business to conduct and Vignar's imatience was mounting. Eilene had voiced her concerns, and he was happy to address them.

"Chased by Stormcloaks eh?" Simus asked. "Were they two burly Nords with scaled helmets? Got angry at arillious for beating a comrade? Chased him down here to run him through? Don't worry about it. That was all a ruse to get him down here."

Simus looked at Arillious' face, with a smile. "You mean you didn't know? I'm sure you would have recognized their faces by now!" He then turned to the doorway and shouted. "Hey guys! Arillious totally though you were trying to kill him! You can come down now!"

Friga, Stefan, Erik, Ralof and Elsie, Simus' personal squad and the first Stormcloaks Arillious ever called friends came down the steps. An imperial was trying to leave, but they blocked his path. They were unable to contain their laughter after they saw Arillious' face. Simus and Alice joined in their laugher as Arillious looked totally confused.

"Welcome brother." Friga said warmly. "I'm afraid we decieved you at the gate. We had to put on a good show so you really thought we were trying to arrest you while herding you to the Hall of the Dead to join the party. Sorry about that, but we had to keep up appearences just in case we missed any of Ulfric's spies."

"I told you he'd buy it." Erik sad to Stefan.

"You did not! You said he'd recognize us!" Stefan said back. "That's not fair!"

"I changed my mind. Now pay up." Erik said.

"Alright fine." Stefan said, handing Erik a bag of twenty septims. He then turned to Arillious. "Sorry about trying to pretend to kill you shield-brother. You've got to understand you're just so much fun in a fight, we couldnt' resist. The next time we have a secret meeting that everybody but you is in on, we'll be gentile."

"Maybe. Now then, as our robed friend said, we're not here to watch two lovers catch up." Simus called to the rather femenine looking man in the robe with the long red hair. His voice was loud enough to get Arillious and Alice to focus. "And no one leaves until they've been fed and watered! That way you're all too drunk to tell Ulfric on us!" He said, raising his voice to the Imperial that was about to walk out the door. "Vignar, I think they're ready."

"Well it's about damn time." Vignar said, getting up from his chair and clearing his throat loudly. "Everyone settle down! May I have your attention please!?"

The room started to quiet down. Alice directed Arillious to a chair before situating herself into his lap, their full foot of difference in height letting him conviently see over her head. She was wearing her favorite strawberry scent today, knowing he would love it. The three Battle-Borns had found seats and had been able to stop Idolaf's bleeding nose, albiet with a rag.

With the room mostly quiet, Vignar had the floor.

"Good evening and welcome to our little resistance meeting! For those of you who are too stupid or too ignorant to know who I am already, I am Jarl Vignar Gray-Mane. You may remember me from my exploites as a member of The Companions or how I booted that milk drinker Balgruuf out of Whiterun with his attendents holding their tails between their legs. Or maybe you just know me because I'm that old skeever that talks too much, doesn't really matter. Anyway, you are all here because you hate Ulfric Stormcloak, our "True High King". Some of you have hated him from the beginnng. Or maybe you're like me and you saw something in him that didn't really exist and that's why you supported his cause. Or maybe you're like Simus and his beautiful daugher in the front row, who fought and bled for Ulfirc, called him Shield-Brother and then realized his vision of Sovngarde on Nirn was all a lie. My heart goes out to both of you, you've suffered far too much. I don't really care why you're here, only that you're ready to set things right. We've all got our own reasons to be here, but we have a plan to take down Ulfric as one. I'll let Simus here outline our objectives and strategy so yes, I'm finally done talkin'. You can all wake up now, and please help yourselves to some food and drink. Simus?"

"Thank you Jarl Vignar for that inspirational speech." Simus said. "I'm General Simus Psyrakon, and I command all of Ulfric's forces in central Skyrim. This includes Whiterun, so don't worry about us being infiltrated. Between Vignar and I, you are all safe. As Vignar said, this is a resistance movement to stop Ulfric Stormcloak. As of now we are all traitors. If Ulfric finds out what we're doing, we are all dead."

He paused for a second in order to let that sink in.

"Now, the goal fo this meeting is not to have us all ride to Windhelm and chop Ulfric's head off. Movements like this take time, secrecy and careful planning. That's much more than can be done in one night. We're all here to plan basic strategy. Our current proposal is this: First off, we build our movement. There are a lot of deposed Jarls in Solitude who would be happy to take down Ulfric. We need to find a way to convince them to help us. If they can get back in power, they can steer the people away from Ulfric. Secondly, help from the Empire. As you may know, tensions between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion have been boiling ever since the Civil War ended. War is inevitable. We need a way to get the Emprie to spare some Legions and the best way to do that is to deliver the body of General Tullius home as a show of good faith. His head is decorating Ulfric's wall, along with Legate Rikke's, while their bodies adorn Windhelm's walls. I've already made plans with some friends in Riften to "liberate" those bodies and bring them somewhere safe. All we have to do is pick them up and take them to the Imperial City. That leads to the last and most fun part of our plan: Use our new legions and our new armies to sack Windhelm."

Simus paused for a moment and took a sip of mead.

"That's our basic plan. Vignar here is going to work on the details of training an army in secret across the holds. What I need from you guys is to form a strike force that will follow my orders, execute the fist two parts of our plan and cause as much trouble for Ulfric as possible. Questions?"

Linamina

Eilene listened to their plan intently and she had to agree: it was simple. Simple plans rarely worked out on their own, so hopefully Vignar either had a way to improve it, or had a plan B.

When asked for questions, she merely shook her head. She had long been waiting for an opportunity like this, to finally take the fight to Ulfric. Her vampiric blood lust began to tickle her annoyingly at the thought, something she thankfully knew how to control to an extent. She sipped the last of the tea before putting the cup away.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Nachael was unfazed that Simus hadn't heard his question; there were dozens coming toward the man. He no longer had any doubt in his mind. "This is a strategist, a man I can learn something from," he thought to himself. The plan was brilliant.

Nachael raised his hand and, having seen that in here volume is power, spoke up above the people talking among themselves. "I think I speak for, at the very least, most of those here when I ask: when do we get to start?" With this, he poured himself a glass of wine and took a piece of cheese and bread in his hand, following the order to eat and drink. He pulled back his traditional Redguard hood, sat back, and thought, with a slight smile to himself, "By the gods... My impulsiveness certainly takes me places."

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Garrick was about to leave the room until a man who he heard to be Simus addressed everyone inside, emphasizing that no one shall leave for the time being - obviously aimed at the young squire. Garrick decided to just stay until the meeting was done so he could address the heads of the rebellion personally. As the jarl spoke, small talks from within the group dissipated - their attention fully on him.

Garrick took a seat beside the red-haired warrior - the one who was more than eager to start the meeting, seemingly a bit disturbed at what the two lovers show. Not the "drinking" type, Garrick took a leather canteen from his rucksack and grabbed a few slices of venison and assortment of vegetables from a large platter. Might as well. He mused to himself as he eat away while paying close attention to the jarl. As Vignar give the floor to Simus, the room's demeanor changed to a more serious one; he spoke of the objectives they aim to achieve - objectives that, however straightforward they sound, may be a bit too much for the young squire.

Garrick's face turn a lot less confident as he survey the room, looking upon the many capable individuals and having his eyes fixed upon the warrior beside him. He appears to be younger than me and yet, he exudes more battle experience. Hang on. Garrick focused more and was quite surprised to see that the warrior was a woman. Wow, I thought she was just a slightly feminine looking man. Garrick's astonishment with the woman grew more as he gazed upon the katana she was wielding, as it was uncommon for warriors to wield that kind of blade. The young squire turned his gaze back at the woman and musing to himself, This damsel most definitely not require saving, she could practically save herself if she's in distress. Garrick did not turn away as Simus ended his speech, unaware that his gaze is quite creepy in the least.

Alexstrasza

Alex leaned in closely, she listened closely. The two men seemed to have everything planned to the point. She leaned back in her seat as a sign of relief. At least we have good stragiests, she thought to herself. Something caught her eye, a man was staring at her blade and then up at her.

"May i help you, sir?"

She eyed him underneath the red hair that had fallen on her face. He seemed to be bit older then her and a bit taller of course everyone here was probably taller then her. She examined the blade at his waist, uncommon blade style but it was similar to her own katana.

Linamina

Eilene looked at Simus. "Many of my kin are hiding in the mountains since the attack on the Grey Quarter...I think they could help us too.." She hated to bring more of her people into the fire, but to do so on the final attack would improve their odds. And at this point, she felt it would be an insult not to have her fellows involved.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts