• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "Idle curiosity, Eilene" he said. Glancing over at the one other man in the room. Quickly, Veridas dismissed him as a threat. He wondered if he was being set up for an ambush, but doubted it. He'd seen no one on his way in, and the hall of the dead was a large place, easy to lose pursuit. He stepped slightly to the side, keeping the others and the doorway within his line of site.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Shaking the mans' hand Veridas kept a wary eye on the door. "I'd say it's a pleasure, but seeing as I have no idea who you are, I'll hold off on that" resuming his position where he had a clear field of vision on the two and the door, he allowed himself to appear relaxed. However, he was still ready to spring forth at a moments notice.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth decided to strike a conversation with veridas,"By the looks of it im guessing you an assassin,am i right?" He asked.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Veridas lifted a single eyebrow at the mans words. "Well, there's nothing wrong with your eyesight" the assassin remarked. "If you must know, I am an assassin.What, may I ask, are you?" He had noticed the woman leave, probably to get help. Veridas tensed slightly, but did his best to remain unconcerned.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    (OOC: Guess it's time for Soldin to make his big entrance and of course Dabiene talking to Simus.)

*Soldin*

Upon entering the small city of Whiterun, Soldin took in the surrounding sites it held and took a big breath. He smiled as he saw the hustling and bustling of people in the streets, shopping or doing whatever. Stepping away from the gate and walking down the street he noticed a lot of Stormcloaks. Not that he minded. Though he supposed they were a little arragant in their own right. He wasn't much into politics. As long as whoever was in charge was doing everything right and orderly he didn't care who it was. Unfortunately, Ulfric in Soldin's honest opinion was NOT doing anything right. Well, almost. The one thing he did do right was stand up for what he believed in. But that led to a lot of slaughtered men and women. Even children.

Of course Soldin himself didn't fight in the Civil War, and never wanted to. But now was time for him to save Skyrim and all her people. It was his time to shine. And he'd happily die to make things right.

As he stopped in the middle of the market he sat down next to the Bannered Mare on the stone wall. Right next to the Jewlery stall. Reaching up with both hands he took off his helm and placed it on his lap. Running his right hand through his hair he sighed in relief. He could finally relax after traveling so much. He watched for a while at the shop keepers and buyers. He then looked up at the clouds and the birds. "Hmmm.. So peaceful those birds... I envy you, you know? Able to do what you will... Without judgement. Lucky creatures..." He smiled softly up at them but didn't notice the footsteps behind him until the figure spoke, "Still daydreaming after all this time Soldin?" Jumping up he spun around with his helm tucked under his left arm.

"Vilkas! How are you my friend? Been it awhile it has!" He grinned playfully, his canines slightly pronounced. Vilkas smiled back saying, "Aye it has. And I'm doing well, my friend. What have you been up to lately hm? No trouble with the ladies at all?" He smirked as he saw Soldin roll his eyes and glare playfully. "No no. I'm not interested in anybody anyway! I have too many things on my mind, Vilkas. Besides, all the girls I've talked to only commented or were interested only on my looks. Hmph." Walking closer to him he threw his right arm over his friends shoulder. "And so what! I have you and your brother for talking, am I right?" The young men both grinned at each other. "I suppose so. Well, if you ever need anything or have any time to spare, don't hesitate to drop by at Jorrvaskr, brother." Vilkas threw one smile at his companion and walked away. "Don't worry, I'll keep it in mind..." Soldin whispered. Sighing he started walking to the Hall of the Dead. It was the real reason he was here, to help the resistance stop Ulfric and his rampaging destruction. Although it wasn't really rampaging destruction but needless to say, it needed to be stopped. The poor and helpless races that weren't Nords or had Nord ancestry were 'thrown out into the cold so to speak'. Unless they had ties like fighting for the Stormcloaks or supported them, they were safe.

Standing in front of the door to the Hall of the Dead he paused. He wasn't sure what he was going to find, but he hoped the journey was worth it. Clutching his helmet tighter he entered and walked down the path. He noticed a man after he entered but crepted away, not knowing what to make of him. As he continued along he noticed two men. "I wonder..." He muttered. Walking up to the small group he flashed a smile, his teeth straight and white. His ocean blue eyes flashed in confidence and hope. And his odd color of hair for his age shined even though it was somewhat dark in lighting. His skin was pale but not overly so. "Hello, I'm looking for Simus. Do you know where he is?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Dabiene*

She was awakened by a familiar voice. Opening her eyes she came face to face with none other than Simus himself. Or she assumed so. And if this was Simus then he must have had a real shock upon walking in.

"We just need to talk when you're ready." After hearing that last part she was completely awake. He needed to know what happened, and if what Alice said was true then Simus could definately help. "Of course." She whispered. "Although I don't know if I can dislodge myself at the moment..." She grinned bashfully and looked down at the young lady in her arms. Regretfully she tried to untangle herself from Alice's grip. It was somewhat difficult since Alice's fists were balled up in her clothes as if she was her only lifeline. Finally managing to settle her down when she sturred, she slowly got out of the bed before turnning around and tuck Alice in more.

Facing Simus she whispered, "It's not what it seems to be, though it might be. I assure you I didn't hurt her in any way. She merely had a nightmare and well, safice to say I went in here to care for her. By the way, I ate some things from your kitchen I hope you don't mind. I'll pay for anything you need if that is what you require." Looking back at the figure in bed then back at the Father she whispered urgently, "We might want to get this over with and fast, I don't know your daughter but she seemed reluctant to let me go. And I don't know how she'll react to find me missing." Dabiene left out the details of Alice's very personal request. The Breton still didn't know what to say or do on the matter. After all she was standing before her father and Dabiene knew from experience to not step inbetween a father and his daughter. Or especially a mother and her daughter. "Alright, let's go talk now."

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    "I am a free-lance warrior,traveling knight,or just your average adventurer. Just so we're clear and before you ask, i am not a mercenary,sellsword,or warrior for hire. I simply go around,heping where ever and when ever i can." He said,stroking his beard.

Linamina

Eilene stopped as yet another figure entered the stone haven, asking about Simus. He simply said what she told the last person: "If he's not here, he may be back soon." She leaned in and whispered with hadvar a moment. He mostly listened, searching through papers carefully before shaking his head.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Veridas listened in boredom to the man. He didn't care for the do-gooders that interfered where they were neither needed nor wanted. He didn't say as much, but he sneered, and glanced at the door to see a man asking where 'Simus' was "I do not know who or where Simus is, nor do I care. Who are you?" Now the assassin was getting nervous. This new man, and with the dangerous Dunmer woman still lurking around somewhere, he was starting to have his suspicions.

Dabiene Caristiana

*Soldin*

Upon hearing what looked like a Dark Elf's response he shrugged, but when a male who looked slightly suspicious heared his question, he sounded slightly ticked off. Either that or on edge. "I do not know who or where Simus is, nor do I care. Who are you?" Raising an eyebrow at the man he set down his helm on a nearby table and folded his arms across his chest. "You first." His alertness was on high now after a long time of fighting. He was trying not to judge the man before him, for he was sure everyone was on top alert these days. Especially when they were working against Ulfric and his Reign.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Veridas rolled his eyes "I'm not sure I trust you enough to give my name" he crossed his arms, letting his hands rest on the hilts of his blades. He glanced between the two men, wondering how fast, and how efficiently he could kill them if he had to. He knew he'd be the faster draw, but he had no idea of their martial prowess.

Dabiene Caristiana

Looking down Soldin saw the man resting his hands on the hilts of his blades. The man was obviously paranoid like crazy. Unfolding his arms he spoke in a calming tone, "Listen, I'm not here looking for trouble. If you want, I'll tell you my name. Soldin Whiteknight. I'm a Knight who helps people who need well, help. Money is no object. I'm somewhat like our other friend here," He raised one of his arms and gestured to the other man. "You don't have to tell me your name. I understand trust is hard to come by." He rested his hands on his hips. "Well, I'll be back tonight. Tell Simus I'll be at the Bannered Mare when he returns. I'd explore this place further but I'm in need of rest. I hope we can work together. Divines know we're going to need every man to rid Ulfric." Letting his arms down he grabbed his helm and put it over his head. Place his right fist over his chest he uttered, "Akatosh be with you." Turning on his heel he left without another word. Perhaps he'd have a nice bottle of Mead while he waited.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Veridas sneered again. Two knights, all about their 'honourable fighting and mercy to your enemies' the assassin shook his head in disdain. Then he heard about the anti-Ulfric movment. What was that nonsense? Veridas didn't like Ulfric at all, especially since his men had tried to murder him, but he wasn't about to fight the man. Not without serious convincing, anyways. He was a pragmatist, not a pessimist, and so he began to think of how much Ulfric would pay in order to hear about this 'movements' base.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth stood,a terrifying feeling in his heart,the man now new of the rebellion. Either way,baroth had to keep him here.

Dabiene Caristiana

Just as the young Nord reached the door to go outside he stopped dead. Taking off his helmet he smacked himself in the forhead at his idiotic behavior. If the man who looked highly suspecious was working for Ulfric then he just gave the man information. Kodlak always told Soldin to follow his instincts for they would guide him. And his instincts were telling him that he was an idiot. Putting on his helm he went back and found the two men exactly where they were. Stopping near the two he folded his arms, "I changed my mind. I'll wait for the man." He stood silently after that, keeping a huge eye on the Breton.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Baroth was glad to see he wouldnt be stalling the breton alone. He then remembered his shiled was still in the armory. "I'll be right back." He said,heading to the armory.