• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CynthiaRedguard

Hammerfell Native and Natural Born Redguard
Ok, so as of now my Redguard Cynthia has a good amount of Redguard Attire and gear. She is currently in possession of:

-Scimitar

-Redguard Boots

-Hammerfell Garb

-Alik'r Hood

Are there any other things that are related to Redguards? It could be an amulet of one of their gods. A book talking about Alik'r, Redguards, or Hammerfell. Anything?

JoeReese

Night Falls on Sentinel, I think...it's a quest item, for the blacksmith in Dawnstar...a gift for his Redguard wife.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Well, in Dragonborn DLC there is Bloodscythe and Soulrender. They're two scimitars that give you some neat benefits when dual wielding them. While Haknir Death-Brand is a Nord, he is a pirate and probably hung out with a lot of Redguards. Most likely the weapons were forged and made by Redguard smiths.

Also, not to spoil anything, but you can acquire a black and red Redguard outfit by dealing with the Dark Brotherhood.

Question for you... I don't know off hand, but do any of the Redguard clothes count as armor? I've never worn them much and I'm wondering if you would have to use Alteration to give yourself a fighting chance. Or if you even can use Alteration.

AS88

Staff member
Well, in Dragonborn DLC there is Bloodscythe and Soulrender. They're two scimitars that give you some neat benefits when dual wielding them. While Haknir Death-Brand is a Nord, he is a pirate and probably hung out with a lot of Redguards. Most likely the weapons were forged and made by Redguard smiths.

Also, not to spoil anything, but you can acquire a black and red Redguard outfit by dealing with the Dark Brotherhood.

Question for you... I don't know off hand, but do any of the Redguard clothes count as armor? I've never worn them much and I'm wondering if you would have to use Alteration to give yourself a fighting chance. Or if you even can use Alteration.

I hadn't thought of the Deathbrand scimitars, nice.

By "dealing with," I'd like to clarify by saying "opting not to work as part of their organisation following a meeting." :p

Also, none of the Redguard gear has an armour rating. I believe the Redguard stuff on Immersive Armours does, but nothing in the normal game and DLC. Alteration and the Mage Armour perks are the best option for using Redguard gear, which can be useful because it weighs nothing, meaning maximum mobility and stamina conservation. :)

CynthiaRedguard

Hammerfell Native and Natural Born Redguard

Whenever I go into battle I change into steel armor. But I keep the hood and boots on,

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Whenever I go into battle I change into steel armor. But I keep the hood and boots on,

Ah, interesting. I think a Redguard Alteration mage build would work really nicely, though. It's certainly something to consider if you want to do an authentic Redguard build. I may try it out... it sounds fun.

AS88

Staff member

Ah, interesting. I think a Redguard Alteration mage build would work really nicely, though. It's certainly something to consider if you want to do an authentic Redguard build. I may try it out... it sounds fun.

I recommend it from experience :)

JoeReese

LOL Azt, I don't remember all the things. I just happened to do that quest the other day in this play through, so it was on the tip of my tongue.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts