• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
So I just started a new character, and I swear that as soon as I got to Riverwood something incredible happened. My new character is a healer build and I asked Orgnar if I could use the alchemy lab. He replied and said sure, as long as I cleaned up after myself. He also said that he had plenty of ingredients for sale. So I was browsing his wares and what did I find with my character at level 1? A deadra heart!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Alchemy ingredients sold by apothecary merchants aren't level locked. Daedra Hearts are rare but they can show up at any level.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Awesome, I was just surprised to see one available before I had even enough money to buy one

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
yea they are availible from the start if u like daedra hearts i wouldnt say they are that rare mehrunes dagons shrine u can pick up 3 or 4 at a time from daedra and they respawn often u have to do the quest to enter first though maybe u allready know this if so oops

Saozig

Hippy
Daedra hearts can be available to low level characters from alchemy vendors (including Orgnar) , but are often prohibitively expensive due to the character's low Speech skill, as you know, I'm sure.

I don't know if I have ever seen Orgnar selling one ( I have seen him sell other rare ingredients though, lie hawk feathers).

Now, if only vendors would sell some salmon roe. Catching leaping salmon is a pain, so I didn't even know this Hearthfire ingredient was available in the wild at all until recently.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
salmon roe ive had heartfire the day it came out and missed that where do i find it

Saozig

Hippy
You get 1 salmon roe on one of the round table in your Heartfire kitchen, if you build the kitchen wing. Otherwise, to get salmon roe in the wild, you have to catch the salmon leaping upstream. The ones you catch in other areas of water won't have roe. Like real-life salmon, only the Skyrim salmon leaping upstream to spawn will have roe. But it's not sold by any vendor, which is why most people has not noticed this ingredient is available.

Salmon Roe - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Silver Hand NPC's carry hawk feathers. It's because they fear contracting lycanthropy and eating a hawk feather cures disease (nomnomnom). You can also get them by shooting down hawks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts