• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Not a Rescue quest from the Companions or Dawnguard , but a similar MISC quest after Hearthfire added.
I`ll just describe my experience and the work-around I used with hopes it helps if this happens tp you.
My spouse is Ysolda and family home is Lakeview Manor. (xbox)

1. After a fairly long Skyrim period post-Hearthfire download , I returned home to find a Bandit-type on the attack near my front door.
Ransom Note on bandit`s body found saying bring 5000 gold to Embershard to get ysolda back.
Went into house to check on kids and Rayya but before i could leave the mini-quest completed itself!
Went to Embershard -nothing there except bandits.
Returned home and Ysolda was there but pathing totally screwed up. twitching , walking backwards , slow motion , getting stuck here and there , moonwalking, can`t use objects like oven , etc.
Dialogue still there but nevertheless a highly intolerable situation.
tried waiting and then moving to another home but that did not correct the problem

2. reverted to earlier save and tried again but this time DID NOT READ the ransom note.
Ysolda found inside the house after waiting but she was still messed up and fix attempts were fruitless

3. reverted to earlier save , IMMEDIATELY read the note and went straight to Embershard and charged through the entrance there before quest could finish itself.
Found Ysolda in locked cell inside the mine and rescued her.
No problems noted upon her return home

Beware of Rochelle the Red !

KayO199X

I've noticed the exact same thing. Coencedently i also married Ysolda. Do you think this is a glitch specific to Ysolda, or has this happend to other spouses?

Adam Warlock

I've noticed the exact same thing. Coencedently i also married Ysolda. Do you think this is a glitch specific to Ysolda, or has this happend to other spouses?
I think it`s happened to other spouses because i found reference to situation on Gamespot forum Game FAQs .
Ransom Note (hearthfire? spouse glitch)

can`t be certain since spouse there not identified

Bigfishpa

Yes just happened to me I had ulthred the great as spouse .Quest completed itself and now cannot find her

Bigfishpa

i just finished main quest in Dawnguard.I had searched all places for Ulthred. Could not find her so on the way back from from killing the master vampire I stopped at my house in Solitude and low and behold was the wife sitting at the table as if nothing happened.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts