Randomly being attacked and other glitches...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Slow Rider

Hey all. I thought I'd pretty much seen it all - I'm grinding it out on level 71 at master difficulty, trying to get to the elusive 81 without cheating and such, so I'm just wandering around and working on those skills that are lacking. Lately I've noticed some glitches and am hoping someone might have pointers...

1) Random attacks. Although I am Imperial, maybe 30% of the time I get attacked by Imperial soldiers. And there are two in particular that don't attack, but just follow me around Riften, saying "well, what is it?" over and over, like I engaged them or something. Weird.

Other people who normally don't attack me are also mad about something. Two Vigilants of Stendarr came after me just now, and so did some random hunters that normally are very stoic and xanaxed out. I'm not vampiritic, I've checked. I have Vorstag with me, but surely followers can't be vampiritic, right? And even if they were, shouldn't everyone be trying to go after him?

2) Every time I talk to Devlin now, the dialogues "I've completed that special (insert city) job." appear. I did them forever ago, and I clear out the dialogues with Devlin, but they keep coming back.

I suspect it may have something to do with Storm Call. I use it a lot, because not only does it attack my enemies, but it attacks Vorstag, and then I can use my restoration on him. Does the "attacking" of my follower using Storm Call result in the same general upset populace as say, attacking a horse or chicken?

I think that people attack you when your follower attacks someone. The mage guy from Riften almost got me killed after he killed a Falkreath guard. The guards didn't attack, it was the Random Encounter Bard (R.E.B.). That bastard attacked me with frost and steel. Caught me completely off-guard.

Slow Rider

I think that people attack you when your follower attacks someone. The mage guy from Riften almost got me killed after he killed a Falkreath guard. The guards didn't attack, it was the Random Encounter Bard (R.E.B.). That bastard attacked me with frost and steel. Caught me completely off-guard.

I'll have to keep an eye on Vorstag. Maybe he's being anti-social behind my back. He does get a little staff-happy sometimes. Come to think of it, he is the only follower I'm going through this with - maybe I'll switch him out and see if that does it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts