• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
Does anyone else collect random trinkets for the sake of, collecting them? Like filling a chest with 100 k septims? Or having a safe full of all the 'flawless' gems and other expensive jewelry?

Are you kidding? If its "flawless" I have to have it in my house! I don't need the gold, I just like shiny things.

Im flawless and shine up well with a good scrubbing, , , ;):D

Are you saying you want to be in my house?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Subject change...

What if, a gun were available? How effective would a handgun be against the stronger enemies?

Realistically, I think it would be grossly OP. Even a 6 shot magazine, rapidly fired would give you a huge advantage. Something like a musket would be better with a long reload time but massive damage. Not that I would ever want to see such a thing in a medieval styled fantasy world.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Random thought: WTF is the deal with Balbus ?

I find him the most pathetically annoying NPC in the game, really. At least Nazeem is condescendingly annoying, and even Heinskr is at least fervently annoying, but Balbus and his stupid fork, standing out in the middle of literally nowhere, babbling about the Gourmet? He's just sad and pointless. Even when you talk to him, the first dialogue option is simply, "Hello." That's it; vanilla, bland, flat. You know the conversation with this sad-sack is gonna be a real winner, huh?

I think I kill him on every playthrough. Ugh.

Chadonraz

Random thought: WTF is the deal with Balbus ?

I find him the most pathetically annoying NPC in the game, really. At least Nazeem is condescendingly annoying, and even Heinskr is at least fervently annoying, but Balbus and his stupid fork, standing out in the middle of literally nowhere, babbling about the Gourmet? He's just sad and pointless. Even when you talk to him, the first dialogue option is simply, "Hello." That's it; vanilla, bland, flat. You know the conversation with this sad-sack is gonna be a real winner, huh?

I think I kill him on every playthrough. Ugh.

Not only that, but he also has a really annyoing habit of never, ever leaving the random encounter area he spawns at - thus blocking any further encounters there. I personally enjoy those encounters (even just the vanilla ones), and do not appreciate the spawn points being "help prisoner" by useless idiot Balbus.

I did kill him once, and even took his body away from the area. But still he (or rather his ash pile) prevented new encounters in that particular spot. :mad:

It seems that something in my modded game prevents him from preventing other encounters at the spot he spawns in. Which is great.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Something that came to my mind recently.

Light armor is statistically superior to heavy armor (assuming effective tempering). They both can reach the armor cap, and light armor gives extra stamina regen to boot, through the Wind Walker perk.

I was thinking, what if the maximum damage reduction achievable with light armor was 60% instead of the usual 80%, but heavy armor was still capable of reaching that 80%? I think this would give both armor types different trade-offs, and make heavy armor a more viable choice for warriors.

Think about it, assuming good smithing skill and armor perks, both armors offer the same level of protection, but light armor has an extra advantage in stamina regen. But, if light armor couldn't give more than 60% damage reduction, the situation would be completely different. Light armor would offer better mobility, but heavy armor better protection. This would give players a choice on which they value more.

I personally wouldn't mind this at all.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
That may've taken place at my Windstad Manor house. I store many, MANY, bottles of mead there... I hold my parties there because bandits might show up... Some swear their fealty to Kohlar, others... they serve as entertainment!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Whenever I hear the word "pyromancer" I can't help but hear it as "pie romancer"

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
70714.jpg

.... cue the Barry White music.....

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Why do writers never do Deathstroke justice anymore? ;-;

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Upon delving through Valthume for the first time.

"Ok I was told there were 8 masks. I have 7 and the final one is in here. Let's get it!"
"Hmm. There's a trap door here. I wonder where it leads to?"
-purposely drops down trap door- "Ah no room of spiders! Whhyyyy?"
-kills them all- "I hate those things. Hopefully there aren't anymore in here." -gets to room with sole boss chest- "Alright! Treasure! Let's open this baby up! -opens chest and finds giant spider drop on head with reinforcements coming out of nowhere- "Oh come on!! This isn't fair"

OK enough craziness one of the thoughts I have when playing this game: "How did these spiders find its way into nordic ruins?"

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

"Ok I was told there were 8 masks. I have 7 and the final one is in here. Let's get it!"
-kills them all- "I hate those things. Hopefully there aren't anymore in here." -gets to room with sole boss chest- "Alright! Treasure! Let's open this baby up! -opens chest and finds giant spider drop on head with reinforcements coming out of nowhere- "Oh come on!! This isn't fair"

OK enough craziness one of the thoughts I have when playing this game: "How did these spiders find its way into nordic ruins?"
The big one is a master at picking locks

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
They start out really small.

The real question is: what do they eat? Sure there is the occasional adventurer or skeever, but is that really enough to feed all 10 spiders you just hacked your way through plus the giant one at the end?

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.

The big one is a master at picking locks

Raido, you are really on a roll here with cracking me up.