Ramp up in scaling around level 30?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dakart

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but is there a steep ramp up in scaling at around 30? I'm level 33 at the moment, have barely done anything in the game, but all of a sudden bandit marauders are shooting arrows into me for 1/3 of my life?

Troll.0

Im level 27 and bandits are harder than giants.

Just turn down the difficulty so you can be a badass..

dakart

Well, I would hate to turn the difficulty down, been playing entire game at expert despite some tough fights here and there. Alright, thanks, was mainly looking for some confirmation in case an errant mod had perhaps changed bandit marauders :p

Snail

Hero of Slime
Im level 35 and havent had any problems but i sneak attack them with my bow for 3.0x damage and it usually kills em but mercs are hard to kill even with the 3.0x damage -_-

Troll.0

Mauraders are also similar to restless draugrs, which means they are like a mini boss with the chief being the boss.

dakart

Ah, ok, thanks Troll.0. Odd, though, I faced a couple at same time, shooting at me from a mile away. Annoying.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
That's weird.. I found the game got progressively easier after level 30, even at master difficulty. :confused: I guess it depends on character build. What type of character are you playing?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Might also depend on whether you've been leveling non combat skills more than combat skills to get where you are.

Kuurus

Might also depend on whether you've been leveling non combat skills more than combat skills to get where you are.
Great point. A level 30 who has leveled up their speech, smithing and enchanting is going to find enemies significantly tougher than a character who has gotten there mainly on armor and weapon skills.

dakart

I've been playing casually, doing as much as I can. Smithing, enchanting both around 60; 2-handed, 1-handed, archery around 50; Pick-pocketing, sneaking both at about 70. Was trying to specifically not abuse the game mechanics by min-maxing, but it seems that may actually be bad? lol :sadface:

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've been playing casually, doing as much as I can. Smithing, enchanting both around 60; 2-handed, 1-handed, archery around 50; Pick-pocketing, sneaking both at about 70. Was trying to specifically not abuse the game mechanics by min-maxing, but it seems that may actually be bad? lol :sadface:

Your combat skills are lower than everything else you named. You might want to keep a follower with you for extra protection and make good use of poisons to give yourself an edge. You could also train your skills higher by summoning familiars or atronachs and beating on them with the weapon of your choice though I'm not sure if that's a valid target and some might consider it cheating. Consider specializing in 1H or 2H.