• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Necromis

I... never really liked Hadvar, to be honest. The whole "Stay close to me if you want to survive" thing rubs me the wrong way. I can take care of myself, thank you. Ralof, on the other hand, is just all, "Go on ahead, we'll catch up!" I like that. Makes me feel competant instead of like a damsel in distress.
well considering your hands are bound, you are unarmed and a prisoner, surrounded by soldiers and being attacked by a dragon, Do you really think you can take car of yourself? LOL I mean he is saying to follow him if you want to live cuz he is taking you into the fort, and you have no clue where that is at at all. By the time you meet up with Ralof you know where you are at and he doesn't need to show you where to go, just cut your bindings.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Ralof and Hadvar are the first two characters in the game that seem to have any concern for your well-being (Lokir doesn't count). Ralof/Hadvar (whichever one you followed) was with you in Helgen, helped you out quite a bit (he is the one giving the tutorial, after all), takes you to Riverwood where his equally friendly family (Gerdur's/Alvor's) helps you out with supplies, bed, and setting backstory particularly focusing on the civil war (admittedly biased according to which side you followed, but that's deliberate), and promises to vouch for you to Ulfric/Tullius. He says you saved his life in Helgen, but that's probably just modesty.

If you pursue the civil war according to the side you followed in Helgen (and remember that the setting backstory you receive in-game is deliberately setting you up to join that side), they're with you in Korvanjund, Whiterun, Fort Neugrad/Fort Kastav, and the "Compelling Tribute" quest. (Also, I think they might be with you in the Battle for Solitude/Windhelm, but I have no saves near there so can't check.)

In many ways, Ralof and Hadvar are to the Stormcloaks and Imperial quest lines what Brynjolf is to the Thieves Guild questline, and Brynjolf is also a very popular but unmarryable-sans-mods character.

perkecet

yeah, i did not like how they nudge you to one side in the beginning. my first character was argonian and followed ralof. i dont think i knew i had a choice at the time though =P

he eventually joined the stormcloaks, only to realize one quest past my last chance to switch sides they were racist pieces of you know what. i quickly cut all ties from those disgusting excuses for people and never saw ulfric again, bar the peace conference.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts