• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nadar

Does increasing your skill level increase damage output? Perks aside, what (if any) effect does gaining a level in lets say one-handed weapons add to your damage? The more detailed the answer the better.

Thanks.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Its your perks that give you more damage not your skill level . Better? XD

Each skill point grants a +0.5% bonus to the damage dealt with one-handed weapons. This bonus stacks multiplicatively with the ones provided by the Armsman perk and by Smithing-related improvements.

Darksarrow

The Archmage
The one handed skill governs the use of weapons like sword axe mace and dagger those trained in this skill deliver more deadly blpws to improve this skill you must damage enemies with a one hamded weapon the skill improves based on the amount of damage you do minus any enchantments , not the number of swings you take...
armsmen perk..
Rank one 20% more damage
2.... 40%
3....60%
4...80%
5....one handed weapons do twice as much damage.

shelder

Also not just lvling up the skill increases your damage, each time u lvl (overall) ur damage increases by about 1 every 1-2 lvls (from what ive been noticing, one-handing skill is already lvl 100)

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
The one handed skill governs the use of weapons like sword axe mace and dagger those trained in this skill deliver more deadly blpws to improve this skill you must damage enemies with a one hamded weapon the skill improves based on the amount of damage you do minus any enchantments , not the number of swings you take...
armsmen perk..
Rank one 20% more damage
2.... 40%
3....60%
4...80%
5....one handed weapons do twice as much damage.

true but does'nt answer the original Question...each skill point raises the damage by 0.5% may seem small but if i say have one handed of 50, with no perks i'll be doing 20% more damage than say i had one handed of 10, raise it to 100 and i'll be doing 45% more damage without perks, now if you add the armsman perks which you kindly posted were a onehanded wrecking machine!!!!! (if my maths is bad sorry on the cooking cider)

So the answer to the Original question is yes raising a Skill does increase weapon damage

shelder

i dont play on pc, i play on xbox, dont know any way to track it, this is just from my noticing since one-handed was the 2nd skill i maxed after smithing (of course) and i noticed that my damage for one-handed weps is still increasing while i lvl, dont know exact numbers tho just that i gain 1 damage every 1-2 lvl ups