Quick question about followers and weapons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kate87

Hey everyone,

I want to enlist Vilkas as my follower but according to the Skyrim wiki he specializes in two-handed, archery, block, and heavy armor.

My problem is that I would want to equip him with a one-hander and shield. Will I still be able to do this?

For example, right now I have Lydia using a one-hander + shield, staff with schock, and a bow. She utilizes all of them according to the situation. Will Vilkas do this too?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
As long as you take away his greatsword and don't give him any two-handed weapons he'll use the one handed weapon and shield but why would you want to do that? He'll be a much more efficient follower for combat if you equip him according to his primary skills.

kate87

I see. I wont take away his two-hander completely, but when I need a tank I thought it would be useful to give him a sword and shield. Thanks for your reply!

kate87

Really I would just like to know if he can be a good all-around follower and not die all the time. In my last play-through I used Argis, who was great, but I'd like to not use a housecarl this time around.

Uskyldig

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die
I'm currently travelling with Belrand from Solitude, and I haven't regretted it once. He conjures a familiar and is great with a one handed blade.