Xbox 360 Quests can't be completed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zacchaeus

For one particular character on my Xbox, there are 3 quests found so far that can't be completed. They all have been completed on other characters on the same Xbox and same hard drive and everything. Those quests are: No One Escapes Cidhna Mine, Under Saarthal, or Pieces of the Past. In Cidhna, the Forsworn just stand in a group at the end of the quest and can't move so the quest can't be completed. In Under Saarthal, when the amulet is removed from the wall, it is not added to the inventory so the cage can't be escaped. In Pieces of the Past, the pieces aren't where they should be. The quest arrow points to the proper location, but the chest, body, etcetera contain no items. Is there any way to properly complete these quests and why is only this character problematic?

Also I tried removing and reinstalling updates and this did nothing to help

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it
Things to try.

1. Load an older save.
2. Wait, for a looong time. I'm talking like three days.
3. Sleep for three days.
4. Clear XBOX cache.
5. Throw disc out the window.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
There is not much you can do with quest bugs apart from reloading your game to a previous point before you started said quests. Sometimes walking out a door, and through a load screen and back in again helps, but I'm sure you have tried this.

on one forum page I read that getting the word wall before you loot the piece from the crones body messes with her inventory, causing the piece to not be there. Did you go for the word wall first?

As for the rest, try googling the Wiki pages to read up on any bugs that may have occurred that are similar to yours..

Zacchaeus

1. The issue was resolved in the instant chat, here's the chatlog for permanence to help anyone else out with this problem
  2. 10 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    For pieces of the past, it might be that old glitch where it sends you to the wrong dungeon.

3. 9 minutes ago - Zacchaeus:
    we just checked all 3 locations and the containers didnt say empty but they didnt have the pieces
  4. 10 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    Zacchaeus: ◾When obtaining the Pommel Stone, the quest marker will direct the Dragonborn to enter Hag Rock Redoubt Ruins, even though there is no need to do this to reach Dead Crone Rock, since the latter place can be reached by simply climbing the hill. It is possible that, during development of this quest, that the developers were intending to expand heavily on Hag Rock Redoubt and making it a requirement to pass through it to reach Dead Crone Rock, similar to other places like Hag's End and the Word Wall at Ysgramor's Tomb.
  5. 9 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    It should be noted that the Dragonborn will be directed to go through every single door leading into the ruins in a never ending cycle (sometimes even being told to go through the same door the Dragonborn just exited).
  6. 9 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    ◾Solution: Ignoring the quest markers and going straight up to Dead Crone Rock will update the quest marker.
  7. 9 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    ◾Solution: If following the quest markers, make sure to exit using the passage to the left of the Forsworn Briarheart and not through the door where the Briarheart is located. The quest marker will update to Dead Crone Rock.

8. 7 minutes ago - Zacchaeus:
    also she tried sleeping like you said and it teleported her to markarth and woke her up
  9. 8 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    Well, that's odd.

10. 7 minutes ago - Zacchaeus:
    pretty sure this character is glitched beyond the point of return
  11. 6 minutes ago - shadowkitty:
    I don't think any amount of reloading is going to save that character Zac.
  12. 6 minutes ago - lastphoenix:
    Its gone turbo.
  13. 3 minutes ago - Irish:
    Re-roll is the only solution, I'm afraid.
  14. 3 minutes ago - Cordelia:
    The only time I've been teleported to Markarth was after drinking all night with Sam Guivenne.

15. 1 minute ago - Zacchaeus:
    OH pl***

16. 1 minute ago - Zacchaeus:
    she actually slept for like 4 days and lydia reappeared and the first mehruens razor piece was where its supposed to be
  17. 2 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    Told you, sleep/wait.
  18. 2 minutes ago - PhantomX0990:
    The game was being slow.
  19. 2 minutes ago - Cordelia:
    Nice. You could also have her try a thirty-day in-game wait. Wait twenty-four hours thirty times. The game is designed to reset everything every thirty in-game days.
  20. 1 minute ago - Irish:
    Good luck to you.
  21. 1 minute ago - M'aiqaelF:
    oh teh noes

22. A moment ago - Zacchaeus:
    wow cool i never knew that
  23. 1 minute ago - Cordelia:
    It gets rid of lingering dead bodies and other things that can cause slow performance, glitchy quests, and various other problems. It isn't a panacea, but it could help in the future.

JClarke1953

For me, the worst problem Bethesda left is that those of us with an XBox won't be able to get all of the location's of the Word Wall's. At least that has how it's been for me the last seven or so char's (I began a new one the other day).

Once Arcwind Point is given by Angier, that's it. And Bethesda left it so even if one goes to a Word Wall without being told of it, there's nothing. And yes, I'm still "unhappy" with them for that, lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts