Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
In the many Nordic Ruins, where Bandits are found in the early parts, why are the burial urns untouched, and full of gold and gems?

They truly must be the World's laziest/stupidest/worst bandits....

Bandit 1: Hey how about searching some of these urns, I bet they'll be gold and trinkets to loot!
Bandit 2: Naah, I'd rather wait around on the off chance the Dragonborn will wander in, and then I'll suicidally charge him, even though he can probably kill me instantly. Much better way to make money.
Bandit 1: You're a bit weird aren't you.....

;)

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
- What actually did bring Belethor to Skyrim?

He likes the ladies.

EDIT - But he can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Or when the thieves got the golden claw why did they run into an ancient Nordic burial ground!

Why did Alduin choose to save you?
I CAN answer that, he was saving Ulfric to keep the Civil War going.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
* How exactly are the giants milking the Mammoths for the cheese?!

* Who stocks all the potions and alchemy ingredients, food and items in Proudspire manor before you even get a housecarl...

* Why there's plenty of bread in Skyrim, but no butter (clearly there are cows).

* Who does all the NPCs legal work and helps them write out their wills? (I inherited 100 gold after Adrianne Avenicci died in a dragon attack; who was the official on THAT?)

* Who keeps spreading rumours about my char (and telling everyone I've joined so and so guilds or learned so and so skills).

Gowsh

Old Fart
Why does Belethor have Whiterun guard armor for sale?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
In the many Nordic Ruins, where Bandits are found in the early parts, why are the burial urns untouched, and full of gold and gems?

They truly must be the World's laziest/stupidest/worst bandits....

Bandit 1: Hey how about searching some of these urns, I bet they'll be gold and trinkets to loot!
Bandit 2: Naah, I'd rather wait around on the off chance the Dragonborn will wander in, and then I'll suicidally charge him, even though he can probably kill me instantly. Much better way to make money.
Bandit 1: You're a bit weird aren't you.....

;)

Because it's the bandits' home base. They're using the urns as storage vessels.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
- Given that by the time the Dragonborn makes it to Solitude for the first time, it's probably been many months since Ulfric killed Torygg - what was Roggvir doing in the intervening time? Hiding? Fleeing and just now brought back? Still guarding the gate?

Not sure if you're aware of this but murder cases take AGES.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Truth be told, I've tried myself at perishing those lil' monsters, but to no avail. And not all of 'em. Just, well, you know the ones. . . . ;)

Perish does not get a direct object. It's intransitive.

Sorry, that kind of bugged me.

Torok

Why isn't there voice acting for your characters? Or at least dialogue options that fit the race?

WHY isn't there an option to massacre the Blades as soon as they breathe a word about killing Paarthurnax???

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Not sure if you're aware of this but murder cases take AGES.

Yes, in a world under a political regime that values due process, making sure you've got the right guy, etc. This is not the case in Skyrim, at least not under all circumstances, and we know this to be not the case because of the opening: "Not on the list? Kill him anyway!"

That being said, there is a possibility there was some political or familial connections they had to get through to deal with Roggvir, or that he fled in the confusion and it took a while to determine that he was the gate guard on duty at that time, etc.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Why isn't there voice acting for your characters? Or at least dialogue options that fit the race?

Ah, but there is a small amount of voice acting for your characters, not counting the words of shouts or pain grunts. If you listen close while using the Throw Voice shout, you can hear your character's voice speaking English. It's a different voice for every single race and gender too.

As for why there isn't more voice acting, I think it'd ruin immersion. No voice actor can quite match the voice you hear in your head.

Though I did see a "Khajiit Speak" mod once, which changes all the player dialogue into things a Khajiit would actually say in their unique way.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Dude, I know your new, but don't post that many times in a row. Two in a row is pushing it. Just wait for someone else to post before doing a mass-reply. :)

Or reply to all of them in one post.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Ah, but there is a small amount of voice acting for your characters, not counting the words of shouts or pain grunts. If you listen close while using the Throw Voice shout, you can hear your character's voice speaking English. It's a different voice for every single race and gender too.

As for why there isn't more voice acting, I think it'd ruin immersion. No voice actor can quite match the voice you hear in your head.

Though I did see a "Khajiit Speak" mod once, which changes all the player dialogue into things a Khajiit would actually say in their unique way.
But why is Dovahkiin American?

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
But why is Dovahkiin American?

Because it's Bethesda. The people who "can't implement spears" and say that "adoption would mess up the game's mechanics".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts