Questions about quest items and miscellaneous quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vanic

I play on PS3. A couple of questions regarding non-droppable quest items:

I have certain quest items like Red Eagle's Fury, Amulet of Talos x3, Attunement Sphere, Runed Lexicon, etc. Seeing as I have OCD on Skyrim and love having a clean inventory, is there anyway of putting these in my chest at my house?

A couple of questions about certain quests:

1) "Bring one dragon bone and one dragon scale to Esbern". I give him the damn items, but it keeps wanting me to do it. Is it never-ending, or does he need 100 of each or something?

2) "Speak to Moramal about arranging your wedding". I already married Aela the Huntress, so is there anyway to get rid of this? I tried talking to him in Riften, but no luck.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Unfortunately you cannot store/drop quest items. To answer your questions, the Esbern quest lasts forever. You should be able to drop dragon bones and scales however. I'm not quite sure about your second question, just sounds like a bug.

The following is the ultimate advice to anyone playing Skyrim under the vast majority of situations:

You Can Not Save too much.

Every time you activate a Radiant quest, Save First. Just in case it Glitchlocks, and screws you forever. This includes Quest Cursed Items, random fetch-quests that send you off to some objective that may, or may not be there, or entering a new area that may Crash to Desktop after running cross-country from the nearest mapped location back when there are so few (Like just the Cart travelable Capitols.) This last one becomes less crucial when you have most of the locations Discovered, and just about anywhere is near at least one. Then, you're only out a couple Random Encounters, which are probably not crucial to the stability of your Game. Never can tell, though, so again, it never hurts to Save, just to be sure.

I don't mean on the same Main Save, the Autosaves can give you some buffer, which is probably what they're there for, but I don't commit it to a character's Historical save (meaning their permanent personal Canon as far as the journal is concerned) but save those for when you complete one of these, you know it's right, the stars aligned, and you don't want to do it again. Until then, you always have this to fall back on, until you overwrite it with one you didn't know was Corrupted by a stealth Glitch. Use the Quicksave, if you have it, as your "I don't think this one's going to come back to haunt me, at least I hope not. (iXm)" slot, and don't save over it after you commit it to Cannon, until you know for a fact that THAT one is completely without corruption. That way, when you finally get back to Froki, and find out that he is, in fact dead, or dropped off the face of Nirn, you have a fallback, not unlike System Restore.

Sure, you've Mastered game mechanics to the point that the Development Team subconsciously fears you, and they don't even know you exist. Even then, you haven't truly mastered Skyrim until you know how to use saves to counter all the random glitches. Otherwise, all you have is Hope, and Luck. Both run out eventually...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts