• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Divinity

Im curious to know if Heavy Armor is viable for stealthing. Daedric armor looks so badass.

Noobking

at the start no. you need heavy at lvl 70 or so if the weightless perk works like that. the armor from dark brotherhood and nightingale is amazing for stealth. Thieves guild master is nice to. i use the head from dark bortherhood, body from thieves, boots and gloves from nightingale. With the sneak perks the dark brotherhood hands are only good for bosses on the first strike really. other then that i one shot most things with bow or daggers.

side note: thieves and assassinations were soooo much fun.

Shadow_Mark

If your sneak is maxed, meaning all perks involving silent movement and detection, combined with a ring with a sneak buff, heavy armor IS viable. I was wearing daedric just before I got the nightingale set, and only switched because my chick looks hawt in it.
When in heavy armor, and sneak is not quite maxed yet, simply take off your boots, and move very slowly til you get to your mark

Garrison

Dude you blinded me! ;)

There are tutorials on different areas in the game where you can sneak perpetually and boost the skill.

BlackRat

Sneak everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Sneak through towns, into stores, everywhere.
Your sneak will climb quickly. But it's gonna take a while. I reached 100 around 50-ish hours in . But then again, i don't power game, and I never really check my stats. I seem to level up about 1 level every 2-ish hours of gameplay (average)

And this "you NEED heavy armour at higher levels" stuff? *coughcoughB*llpl*pscoughcough.*
If you're a thief worth your weight... you don't need heavy armour. You need to be patient and use what you have. The ONLY reason I wear armour is to get the perk bonuses out of it.

Stealth kill everything, pick the right perks and have a HIGH stamina to book it out of there when it all goes bad. Invisibilty potions for when things get REALLY bad.

J747L

I have sneak at 100, I stopped at the perk "silence" though. My character is using daedric full armor set without any item buffs for sneaking. Currently at level 67 with difficulty set to master, my experience below should cover high level enemies spawned in the game (IF the game is indeed adjusting to my level at most times).

Sneaking in heavy armor is playable, IMO a lot easier in Skyrim than Oblivion. The detection has some unfortunate spikes though. Draugr in my experience is the least of worries, I never had problems with them. Bandits including mages are also... meh.

But... I just encountered the sewers in Riften. I've been detected there even when I was slightly careful. I surmise that a thief class enemy will easily detect heavy armor sneaking.

Rena

Divinity

I forgot i created this thread xD

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
As stated, sneak everywhere, and at all times...if you follow the guards in sneak, your skill improves...let 'r rip ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts