• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I love the game and everything is far better than what I had ever imagined. But. Does anyone find that when running in the forest or mountains, that theres a lot of lag? I can be running and my guy gets stuck for a couple or few seconds. But when I'm in a cave or town there is no lag at all. Suggestions?? It may only be 3 seconds. But it's 3 seconds every couple minutes that's annoying. Especially hunting deer! Lol

JohnnyWisco

I haven't run into this problem yet after 5-6 hours of play and I prefer to wander around the landscape instead of fast traveling to cities. FWIW, I had the exact same problem as you with Oblivion. I found that it was that the texture setting was too high for the amount of GPU memory I had. The game was constantly swapping textures in and out of memory when loading new ares and causing the lag. With Skyrim I just left the default detected settings and the game runs very smoothly.

-Johnny