Question: Enchanting Weapons with Fortify Effect

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
So I stumbled upon the following method of allowing you to enchant weapons with fortify skill enchants that shouldn't usually be elegible:

This glitch requires you have 100 enchantment and the perk that allows you to add two enchantments to a weapon. First, go to the enchantment table, and select the soul gem you wish to use. Then, choose a weapon enchantment such as Frost damage, Stamina damage, Soul Trap, etc. Select a fortify enchantment, de-select the fortify enchantment, then select it again. You should now be able to select a weapon to enchant.

I've tried it and it works. However, I was wondering what would happen if I placed a "fortify One Handed damage" enchant on a one handed weapon. Would it effect itself when equipped? I made such an item, but the displayed damage didn't increase when equipped.

Has anyone run across this before and does it work? I didn't try attacking certain enemies before and after, looking for a difference in damage dealt, because I was hoping someone already has done this.

Thanks all and play on!

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
Sorry about the dark letters. They were supposed to be white... came out the opposite haha

Starr

No idea on that one but my guess is if the game is not coded to have that math on a weapon you will see no effect.
I have dual/max chanting and have 4 pieces of gear with plus 46% 1 hand damage - it is plenty.
Add that to a maxed Daedric mace with life steal/fire damage - 90% of content is 1 hit kill - well including 5/5 1 hand perk tree.

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
That sounds like an excellent combo.

But I have 25% Destruction and Restoration on Helmet, Armor, Ring and Amulet, so all spells from those schools are FREE! :D Then I have Resist Fire & Frost 42% each on my Boots. Fortify Bow & One-Handed damage 46% on my gauntlets. Lastly, my shield has Resist Fire & Frost 42%. The armor is legendary light dragon armor (already putting me above the damage resistance cap) So the only space I have left for enchants is my weapons.

Interesting thing I found: because the above combo makes Destruction spells cost Nothing, enchantments of that school on a weapon do not eat away at it's charge. Legendary sword with 28 Fire & Frost damage that NEVER NEEDS RECHARGED! :D

Life is already good, I just was getting greedy with my One-Handed damage lol