Spoiler Question about Serana and Valerica

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zane

Ok, so Val says Harkan need's Serana's blood for the ritual because she was chosen as Mo-Bal's lover of the night -- wasn't Valerica chosen once before as well?

Kage

Yes, she was. Specifically why she chose not to go back, as she didn't wish to increase the chances of Harkon succeeding.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I don't get it, why can't she just bite her hand like she did when opening the portal to the soul cairn, why does she have to die to complete the ritual if it just requires her blood? And even if it took A LOT of blood, can't vampires live without that? They don't even have beating hearts.

tom14

It's more about them not wanting for vampires to take over the world if if i remember correctly. They don't want to come out from the shadows because everyone will get serious about killing them.

That being said, it is kind of silly how you're all protective of her and harkon says serana would be a sacrifice for the good of her people, when all it needs is her blood, not her life. I might be missing something though.

zane

right, so what was the point of saying that Serana was the key when it could of been ANY female chosen by mo?

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
It couldn't just be any female, it would have to be a daughter of Coldharbour ( a pure blooded vampire )
Serana and her mother are the only ones left , or that you know of , so the arrows can only be tainted with their blood. However Seranas mother ( I forgot her name:sadface: ) refuses this as she doesn't like the idea of the whole thing.

Also , I'm not sure why Harkon wanted to sacrifice her , maybe because he wanted the sun to be permanently blocked and that would require the life of a daughter of Coldharbour instead of just the blood?

zane

^ I did say "any female chosen by Mo" meaning molag-bal which makes DoC lol -- I'm sure there are more than just Serena and Valerica.

if he spent hundreds of years prepping, he could of found any other DoC. Iunno, this was just something that stood out to me, I felt that if it had to be his wife or daughter, Bethesda should of added something like a vendetta or something. Just me being a bit picky.

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
Ah, my apologies, I thought you were going for the moi as in my. heheheh embarrassing :oops:

Harkon did say a few times that he would be sacrificing her for the good of vampires everywhere, so perhaps he thought that she would be like " I will proudly die for my kind " or some mungabunga like that.

zane

Perhaps :3 - I personally do not prefer open interpretation when it comes to a closer xD -- they make my mind squirm as it's doing now xD