Spoiler Question about main quest line

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epsilon

Shaun
Ok so on this new archer guy im loving ive found myself doing a few side quests and a good bit of brotherhood and thieves guild quests because killing a bride at her wedding to set up an assassination of a emperor (havnt finished the quest line yet) is fun, and being a stealth guy for the thieves guild mixes up my challenges and hones my skills in different areas and they both pay well. While all this is fun im level 18 and have barely started the main quest line i still have to retrieve the horn and go spy on the dragon with the riverwood "innkeeper". While i have but a decent amount into archery and a little in sneak my speak and lockpicking gained me a level or 2 off of thieves guild quests, and i put a good bit of perks in illusion for quiet casting and enough in conjuration for bound bow.

So is this going to make the main quest line too difficult? or just a good challenge? I want the challenge but i just dont want it to me annoyingly near impossible. Just wasnt sure if there was such a thing as out leveling the main quest this early into to make it too difficult because with my pally i did all this around level 10. The good thing is i havnt leveled any professions, i was gonna wait until about 25 or 30 to get going on that since it takes just a little longer to level then

Do'Raksa

Be careful not to break the main questline! My last character had gone a good way through the thieves guild before going on to the main quest. This actually broke part of the main quest, and at the completion of one quest, the next quest failed to start and NOTHING, not even using the developers console, got it to start. The only thing I was able to was artificially advance the quest, but that caused a huge loss in experience.

There really should be nothing you can do to make the main quest "impossibly hard". Yes it will be harder, and should be quite a challenge, but not "impossible". You might need to rethink some strategies and whatnot, but that's all part of the fun, yes?

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
I would say it's more of a good challenge, as long as your prepare way to mitigate the onslaught of dragons with health, stamina and majicka potions for the conjuration I think it is possible. Maintaining distance is important so I suggest you consider bringing a follower just to distract your opponent. Good luck with you character, what race are they?

You should also ask ReaperEOD, he helped me out with vampire mage setup.

XbSuper

1-2 levels isn't going to make any kind of difference. If you said you did the speech glitch and gained 6-7 levels from it, then maybe, but even at that, there is a difficulty option, if things are too hard, turn it down. Personally, after I finished the MQ once, I never completed it again. I just find it to be one of the most boring and least immersive quest lines in the game. Plus I hate the blades, and the fact that I can't kill them just pisses me off.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah the blades are rather annoying but they are rather intersting to follow their lore about through in game info. Their books are pretty neat.

Epsilon

Shaun
yea i want the challenge for sure, just making sure.

i didnt finish the thives guild quest so hopefully it dont effect the main story. My combat should be up to par i just got to play smart

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah its really fun doing quests that you are invisible for the whole time. combo that with high sneak and youll never be found.

Necromis

I am not sure what part of the thievies guild quest line is supposed to mess up the main quest, nothing within it messed up mine at all. So it might be a break from something else. Really all the quests scale based on your level. Unless you did some exploits and leveled your non-combat skills so high that your combat skills are weake in comparison you should be ok, and again 2-5 levels not that big a deal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts