• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Barkleybark

I created a 2nd character (Dark Elf) that I'm using just with magic, nothing else. And I was wondering...

How do you make the flames, frostbite and spark attacks more powerful? Right now they are at 10 dps and at level "novice". How do i get them to do more dps and level up?

My destruction is at lvl 49 and I have the first 8 perks selected.

CanisNoir

As far as I know, you don't. You need to graduate to more advanced spells for more damage. Instead of flames, use Firebolt or Fireball etc...

Granted, I'm a stealth archer with no real Mage experience, but that's what I've learned from the boards.

Brother

Yeah, you shouldn't be using such weak spells when your destruction is that high. Ditch flames and upgrade to firebolt. You'll be one-shotting everything. At least with my witch-assassin, who isn't even that focused on magic, I just ran through the Ratway one-shotting everything with firebolts on my first visit to the Thieves Guild.

Barkleybark

Yeah, you shouldn't be using such weak spells when your destruction is that high. Ditch flames and upgrade to firebolt. You'll be one-shotting everything. At least with my witch-assassin, who isn't even that focused on magic, I just ran through the Ratway one-shotting everything with firebolts on my first visit to the Thieves Guild.
Ok thanks.

Uhhh.... how do you upgrade to firebolt?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Ok thanks.

Uhhh.... how do you upgrade to firebolt?
firebolt is a completely different spell that you need to learn. you need to find a spelltome and read the book. you can usually buy spells from archmages of each cities or college of winterhold.