Question about essential npcs

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I am aware that certain NPCs are essential until a certain quest in the DB questline is completed, which makes sense. But if the DB is no more, then are they still essential, since the quest no longer exists?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
That's pretty much how the mechanics work in Skyrim. One character I had destroyed the Dark Brotherhood and tried to kill Bryling, but wasn't able to. With a more recent character that's the Listener, let's say my grubby hands finally possessed the Fur Trimmed Cloak. I may think it's pretty stupid, but that's the way things are.

JClarke1953

As a Vampire Lord, I was sent to two NPC's that I had already "converted". One in Markarth I was able to do again, but Valindor in Riften I could not. I used the Seduction on him while he went on about how good a favor I'd done for him. So, guess no more quests from the castle until I can figure something out.

Seriously running out of things to do even tho' I'm only level 52. Everything seems to be a repeat, even contracts for bandits from the stewards. And I've run out of "essential" NPC's to kill to blame on Dawnguard.

Hey! Bethesda! C'mon now, let's get on the stick and get something going here! :-)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts