• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
I havent owned Skyrim in a while, and last I played was on 360. Had to get rid of the 360 and the game (still very saddening), but am about to invest in a PS3. Any differences in the game system wise? PS3 get any cool stuff the 360 doesnt/vice versa?

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Before I go on, let us avoid any petty PS3 vs XBox 360 debates. Both consoles have their perks and each is geared towards a different sect of gamer. Just please just answer the question honestly and without opinion, just facts. Now to my response:

I havent owned Skyrim in a while, and last I played was on 360. Had to get rid of the 360 and the game (still very saddening), but am about to invest in a PS3. Any differences in the game system wise? PS3 get any cool stuff the 360 doesnt/vice versa?
I am a PS3 player and I've played it a bit on 360. The difference is simple. XBox360 has the DLCs and Kinect stuff. Otherwise it's the same except the triggers are flipped top-bottom. To better explain, here is a trigger translation chart

L1 = LB | R1 = RB
L2 = LT | R2 = RT

On XBox the triggers are:

LB = Sprint | RB = Shout/Power
LT = Left Hand/Block | RT = Right Hand

On PS3 the triggers are:

L1 = Left Hand/Block | R1 = Right Hand
L2 = Sprint | R2 = Shout/Power

I actually prefer the PS3 set up. However if you want you can change this in options.

Sean

lost somewhere
It is not a good time to be a Skyrim PS3 player at the moment (not basing on opinion). There are some hardware complications going on that make it difficult for Bethesda to port Dawnguard over to the PS3.
It would be different if Skyrim and its DLCs were initially made for the PS3, but then it would be trouble getting it to work with the Xbox, and could have issues with the PC.

Squirrel_killer-

It is not a good time to be a Skyrim PS3 player at the moment (not basing on opinion). There are some hardware complications going on that make it difficult for Bethesda to port Dawnguard over to the PS3.
It would be different if Skyrim and its DLCs were initially made for the PS3, but then it would be trouble getting it to work with the Xbox, and could have issues with the PC.
Minor correction, the issue is mostly software based more than hardware. XBox360 has a OS based highly on Windows 7. It makes PS3 ports from/to PC/XBox360 difficult for a relatively inexperienced team like Bethesda when it comes to PS3. Bethesda mostly makes PC and XBox games, while PS3 is still new to them. I am confident they will get better with time however.

Sean

lost somewhere
Minor correction, the issue is mostly software based more than hardware. XBox360 has a OS based highly on Windows 7. It makes PS3 ports from/to PC/XBox360 difficult for a relatively inexperienced team like Bethesda when it comes to PS3. Bethesda mostly makes PC and XBox games, while PS3 is still new to them. I am confident they will get better with time however.

The division of RAM is what I am thinking of.

Both just add together.

Also, to the OP, if you still have your Xbox 360 Skyrim save, you can convert it to the PS3 if you do decide on that.

Squirrel_killer-

The division of RAM is what I am thinking of.

Both just add together.
I knew what you meant. Everyone talks about that difference (which is the only one), but the issue they are having is actually the game rejecting the DLCs additions from what I heard.

Sean

lost somewhere
I knew what you meant. Everyone talks about that difference (which is the only one), but the issue they are having is actually the game rejecting the DLCs additions from what I heard.

That is interesting.

I wonder if Bethesda's next RPG will be on the 7th gen consoles, and if it is, will they have it for PS3 as well after everything that has happened?

Squirrel_killer-

That is interesting.

I wonder if Bethesda's next RPG will be on the 7th gen consoles, and if it is, will they have it for PS3 as well after everything that has happened?
From what I heard FO4 is going to be PS4/XBox720. Personally I am not overly pissed off about the DG issue. When my XBox friends try to rub it in my face I just say "Uncharted" and they give me a "I fluffing hate your guts" look.

Sean

lost somewhere
From what I heard FO4 is going to be PS4/XBox720. Personally I am not overly pissed off about the DG issue. When my XBox friends try to rub it in my face I just say "Uncharted" and they give me a "I f***ing hate your guts" look.
lol, one of my main reason I want to get a PS3 is for Uncharted, well that, Infamous and Last of Us.

Squirrel_killer-

lol, one of my main reason I want to get a PS3 is for Uncharted, well that, Infamous and Last of Us.
I will be honest, Infamous is amazing, definitely worth a weekend to just sit down and play it. Uncharted however is only 90% as good as people build it up to be, which is still pretty damn good. The Last of Us, that's going to be put off by me until after Dishonored and AC3 eat my life because that will need some dedicated play time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts