PC Question about console commands on PC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Barcelonic

Hi all,

Im new here and just got the game a couple days ago. Im just about to go to bed so Ill post my introduction tomorrow, but until then i was wondering about something...

I played Fallout: NV a lot and they had a bug where your followers would often get stuck somewhere and you could not dismiss or use them at all or recruit new ones until you returned to them. Given the scale of these worlds clearly it was a problem lol so I used the console to 'add' that NPC to my current location. It worked a treat anyways, is there a similar command I can use in Skyrim?

I only ask because many things are similar as it is a Bethesda game and so far it feels similar which I like because I loved Fallout and that is why I bought this game. (Oh yes, and because i'm having similar issues with Fuendal at the mo.)

drakkenfan

Well, if you try to add a person to your location with the console code player.placeatme refID it will make a duplicate of the character (which you probably wouldn't want). Instead there is a console command to actually move the NPC to your location. Here's the code to move the NPC to you without duplicating him:
prid RefID
moveto player

edit: It might actually be the base ID you need with that command. I forget. Try either the refID or Base ID and see which works.

Barcelonic

Well, if you try to add a person to your location with the console code player.placeatme refID it will make a duplicate of the character (which you probably wouldn't want). Instead there is a console command to actually move the NPC to your location. Here's the code to move the NPC to you without duplicating him:
prid RefID
moveto player

edit: It might actually be the base ID you need with that command. I forget. Try either the refID or Base ID and see which works.

thanks, i thought there was only one ID number for each item/npc
ill find it though whichever it is

just to clarify the code then is like this (assuming the ID is 4444444) :

prid 4444444
moveto.player

Is that right? So i enter the first line first (i don't know what 'prid' means), then i hit enter and type the second line (including the dot?)

thanks again for your help :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts