Quality of life mods: some suggestions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PoisonPen

Some suggestions for mod creators which would make my life (and presumably those of others) more pleasant:

* Rebalanced bug jars - I have to assume someone on the dev team was a sadist. Why the hell would they create items which are clearly intended to be display collectibles, and then balance them so that they are next to impossible to pick up and set upright on a shelf? Seriously, it takes me ten to fifteen minutes of swearing and finagling to get those bug jars upright, and then as often as not I come back into my house to find them all lying on the floor. Aaargh! If someone would fix them so that they're bottom-heavy, many of us will thank you.

* Knock knock! - How many times have you returned to a quest-giver to find her or him asleep on the other side of a locked door? If you pick the lock, they'll just yell at you and demand that you leave. It doesn't seem very heroic to camp outside a hut for 8 hours waiting for the resident to wake up, have breakfast, and leave. I've always wondered why door-knocking doesn't seem to exist in Tamriel. Someone needs to create a mod which allows doors to be activated to knock for the resident, causing whomever is inside to come outside. Seems pretty commonsense in terms of gameplay, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement.

* Dammit, Meeko, get out of the way! - I've lost track of the number of times I've been blocked in a doorway by my dog. Normal followers are bad enough, but the oblong shape of the dogs makes them jam in place. It would be nice if someone could shrink the size of the hitbox on follower dogs so that you can clip past them. Since the player isn't attacking her or his own dog, the reduced size of the hitbox shouldn't create problems.

And finally, a mod which isn't "quality of life," but is something I'd dearly love to see: changing the Skyrim dogs to mastiffs. There are mods to turn the Skyrim dogs (which look like Irish wolfhounds) into everything from Labradors to terriers, but I haven't found one yet which does mastiffs. When I think of a war dog, I think "mastiff." They're just really tough-looking. I'd love it if someone could do a mod which changes the dog model to a mastiff.

PoisonPen

Uh... what? I wasn't making demands, I was offering suggestions. This is the forum for offering suggestions to mod makers.

(And I'm already using "move it dammit". It doesn't prevent dogs from blocking doorways. The problem is their oblong shape gets them wedged in. Unlike normal NPCs which will back up when you walk into them, the dogs often get stuck in doorways. Shrinking their hitbox will allow players to clip through them.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts