• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vidarr

So, I've been trying to get the Purity quests for the Companions, and they haven't been showing up for Vilkas or Farkas.

I have all of the necessary conditions: I have done multiple radiant quests for each WITH Glenmoril Witch heads in my inventory the entire time.

However, something has occurred to me. I cured MYSELF of lycanthropy immediately after Kodlak.
Does this prevent the Purity quests from becoming available?
I know that it prevents the Totems of Hircine quests from appearing, but I started to wonder if it locks out the Purity quests for Farkas and Vilkas.

If anyone has experience with this and can comment, it would be much appreciated.
I know that there are other bugs/glitches associated with these quests, but I am more specifically concerned with whether or not curing yourself before doing the Purity quests prevents them from being doable.

Lucid

Curing yourself immediately after Kodlak does not prevent you from curing the twins. They should eventually cough up the dialogue to begin the "Purity" quests, just keep asking. In my playthoughs it seems like Farkas always asks first, then I usually have to do another 6 or so radiant tasks for Vilkas before he asks to be cured. Just be patient.

Vidarr

Thanks man!
If that's true, it completely solves my problem.
For RP reasons, I can't stand the idea (at least for certain characters) of waiting until curing the brothers to cure myself. Not sure where I heard that this wasn't possible though...

Lucid

For RP reasons, I can't stand the idea (at least for certain characters) of waiting until curing the brothers to cure myself. Not sure where I heard that this wasn't possible though...

I understand the RP perspective. My last character that accepted the beast blood married Vilkas. I wouldn't cure myself until he asked to be freed as well. It didn't feel right to sleep soundly knowing that my partner and traveling companion struggled with his beast.

On other plays I have cured myself immediately after releasing Kodlak, and sometimes not at all.The brothers have always come around to asking, though it sometimes takes longer than I feel like it should.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts