• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

UKdarkelf

Are the forums mainly for pc users or does it cover ps3 users too? and secondly, dark elf thief, dark brotherhood, thieves guild, stormcloak, level 28, no good at archery, sneak is quite high. i heard giants have hoards and hoards of gold and valuables to rob if you can kill them. any tips for me going on character details above? also one handed is what im better at. in games weapons that is...ahem.

ShadowGambit

First, welcome to the Forum

The forum is for all Skyrim users and afficionados, not only PC players. As you can see, there is already a special section for Dawnguard and a lot of people participate in it. That means that X360 players are also numerous on the forum.

For the Giants, you are right, the best being archery to take them down, as you DON'T WANT to go melee with them or the Mammoth.

Get a bow, lots of arrows, find a spot where they cannot melee you (example on a top of a high rock) and just shoot them.

With that, even a level 1 can kill Giants and Mammoth.

Btw, not only giants provide good loot, but they also provide Giant Toe, which are the best ingredient to level your alchemy fast.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
These forums are for everyone. We are all diverse in systems.

Giants have loot, but I've never really noticed a large amount of gold. Lvl. 28 does have a chance. but you would have to attack head on, since you are skilled in one-hand mainly, and that could be dangerous. Try teaming up on one with a follower and perhaps a summoned creature. It'll take the focus off you, allowing you to damage the giant. One good hit from a giant and you can kiss your butt good-bye.

UKdarkelf

cool thanks for the welcome and advice guys, lol the amount of powerful bows ive pickpocketed and sold, and now i need only 1 lol

Stone

Retired Moderator

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Bows are awesome if you go and grab forsworn bow or better and a lot of arrows then spam those arrows. Try to open with a sneak attack. Take down the giant, loot it, move on. But with a stealth based character I suggest a decent archery skill at the least. A good bow can clean out a room from one small shadow without you ever needing to move.

VonCrown

In regards to the above comment about giant toes and alchemy- Giant Toes + Bear Claws + Hanging Moss. Possibly the highest-price potion in the game.

MrCostari

I made a topic like this a couple weeks ago and it turned out that there are quite a nice amount of PS3 players here.
I'm one of them.

UKdarkelf

thats good, when i joined the forum i saw alot of conversations and articles about modding and thought i was in the wrong place lol.

UKdarkelf

In regards to the above comment about giant toes and alchemy- Giant Toes + Bear Claws + Hanging Moss. Possibly the highest-price potion in the game.
my alchemy is about 16 lol, playing as a thief i tend to break into the alchemy shop and steal every potion i can lay my hands on, selling on the ones i dont use. but the giants toe and bear claws moss potion sounds profitable so thanks for the tip.

VonCrown

my alchemy is about 16 lol, playing as a thief i tend to break into the alchemy shop and steal every potion i can lay my hands on, selling on the ones i dont use. but the giants toe and bear claws moss potion sounds profitable so thanks for the tip.
Yeah, even with a low alchemy, you'll probably get a base price in the range of 600 or so iirc, so they'll sell for a good 300ish depending on your speech.
Also, alchemy skill xp rewarded is proportional to the value of potions made, so that recipe will also skill you up faster than most.
Other valuable effects to aim for high sell-price potions are paralysis (imp stool and canis root for a basic recipe, iirc), invisibility (though you may want to hold onto invisibility potions until you get your illusion to 75, vampire dust + luna moth wing is my favorite recipe as it also adds health regen, but chaurus eggs and ice wraith teeth are a decent substitute), slow (deathbell and river betty makes a wonderful damage health and slow poison), and damage magicka or stamina regen.