Ps3 turned off when starting

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrCostari

Ok, my PS3 worries me a lot, but this is going to far.
I just started my PS3 and boop, I heard a kind of tik sound and it turned off.
Thank it just worked after that, but I had to put the time in again. Why? :S
I have had several times that I had to put in the HDMI settings again.

I'm getting worried, my PS3 laggs a lot, had 4 freezes so far in 3 weeks on Skryim, 2 on Dead island in a month...
What am I supposed to do?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
It could have just been a power surge, especially since it was an immediate reaction. If you're having issues with it lagging and freezing you should think about investing in a laser cleaner.

MrCostari

What is a power surge? And what is a laser cleaner?
I'm Dutch :p
And I think freezes are common for a PS3.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I have a PS3 Slim, and it too freezes alot. I know there's a way for you to clean out any junk files or whatever from your PS3. Something like a Disk Cleanup that's for your PC, but I'm not sure how it's done. Like someone else said, a disk/laser cleaner is another way to go.

Also..

For sensitive electronics, excessive current can flow if this voltage spike exceeds a material's breakdown voltage, or if it causes avalanche breakdown. In semiconductor junctions, excessive electric current may destroy or severely weaken that device. An avalanche diode, transient voltage suppression diode, transil, varistor, overvoltage crowbar, or a range of other overvoltage protective devices can divert (shunt) this transient current thereby minimizing voltage

Jersey Dagmar

I don't know what being Dutch has to do with anything. Seems like yo understand English well enough.

It's not the game disk we are talking about, but rather the inner workings of your PS3. There's a laser inside that reads the game disk when you put it in the console. Dust and other particles can get inside, and cause the laser to become dirty. This will cause you to have issues with your console. The longer you wait to take care of it, the problems you could end up having.

A laser cleaner, usually in the shape of a regular gaming disk can be inserted into your console and will clean the laser.

MrCostari

Yeah I'm Dutch and I speak well English, but not so good to understand your quote :p
Btw, how much does a laser cleaner cost?
And I got my PS3 since August, does that happen so fast?

Jersey Dagmar

Weird, I can't find anything.
I can find a lot of DVD/CD/Blu-ray cleaners, but no PS3 cleaners... :S

It wouldn't say PS3 cleaner. Try searching Laser cleaners. And just check to see if it happens to work for the PS3.

And if your console if that young and already giving you issues, you might want to give Sony a call. My PS3 is 2 years old and it just starting to show it's age.

MrCostari

It wouldn't say PS3 cleaner. Try searching Laser cleaners. And just check to see if it happens to work for the PS3.

And if your console if that young and already giving you issues, you might want to give Sony a call. My PS3 is 2 years old and it just starting to show it's age.
You never had freezes
I do lagg a bit, but not much.

Jersey Dagmar

Lag isn't usually caused by the console. But, by the servers hosting the game. However, Skyrim is single player, so the only thing that I can think of to cause it to lag would be the servers that have to connected to the Playstation Network.

MrCostari

Lag isn't usually caused by the console. But, by the servers hosting the game. However, Skyrim is single player, so the only thing that I can think of to cause it to lag would be the servers that have to connected to the Playstation Network.
So the lagg depends on my laser? Or should I stay offline while playin a SP game?

Jersey Dagmar

Lag depends on your internet connection as well as the servers that are part of the Playstation Network. Nothing to do with the laser, keeping you laser clean just keeps your console nice and healthy. You could play Skyrim without being connected to the Playstation Network, however, you won't get the needed updates (if there are any) or trophies.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Lag and Freezes in all SP games? I only get freezes from Skyrim on the PS3. The problem with Skyrim on the PS3 is that Bethesda ported the 360 code to PS3 and failed to properly optimize the code for PS3 split memory, HDD I/O and memory allocation.
Go to your Save Data Utility under Game Menu on your PS3 and check your saves for corrupt data. This has been said to cause problems with the PS3 (not sure why but...m3h).

Jersey Dagmar

Lag and Freezes in all SP games? I only get freezes from Skyrim on the PS3. The problem with Skyrim on the PS3 is that Bethesda ported the 360 code to PS3 and failed to properly optimize the code for PS3 split memory, HDD I/O and memory allocation.
Go to your Save Data Utility under Game Menu on your PS3 and check your saves for corrupt data. This has been said to cause problems with the PS3 (not sure why but...m3h).

Not all Single Player games, but Skyrim is a huge game. I've actually had it freeze my 360 more then my PS3. But, yea you're right about the coding. Gets coded for the 360 then ported to the PS3. Shame too since the PS3 has the superior graphic overall. But the porting sure makes the multiplatform games suffer.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
That's why a lot of people bought Skyrim for the Xbox, but it's not something that really destroys the game like so many weaboos say it does. If you look at Skyrim on the Xbox and PS3, PS3 looks way better in all aspects. The lag problems are being fixed by Bethesda a step at a time. They'd already be fixed if Skyrim was a PS3 exclusive but since it's multi-platform we can't expect to be first in line for fixes.

Jersey Dagmar

Yeah true.
But if all games are codes for Xbox then....
And the splitted processor sucks too...

All games are not coded for Xbox. PS3 exclusives are better in quality then anything going on the 360 right now. So despite the PS3 getting a raw deal in multiplatform games, it makes up for it in superior exclusives.

And like Reiji, it doesn't really matter. I have Skyrim on both the PS3 and 360. It's fun on both consoles.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts