PS3 Downloadable content help...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Red5

All, I am a casual gamer at best. Followed many of the Final Fantasy Games on earlier platforms, but have only owned my PS3 for a little over a year. Truth be told, I purchased the console, because of some of the youtube videos I saw for Skyrim. Anyhow, I haven't done much more with my PS3 than Skyrim (a couple other games, and adding my Netflix). I've recently moved, but haven't even been on the PS3 for a couple months.

So after settling in to the new pad, I see all this talk of downloadable content now available for Skyrim... but where do I get it? Do I just log on to My PS account on the console and search for it?

Also, does all the DLC work in tandem? In other words, if I download all, can I have all on the same character? Can I build a house with Hearthfire while hunting Vampires and going after the dragonborne?

Setting up my PS3 on the new Wifi in 5, 4, 3...

Thanks in advance.

CHUBBY_RYNO

To get the DLC for Skyrim on your PS3, follow these steps
  1. Log into your account (your PSN account)
  2. select the Playstation Store, found under the Playstation Network tab
  3. Search Skyrim once in the Playstation Store
  4. Select the DLC you would like and add it to your cart
  5. Purchase the DLC (a option to purchase will be given after adding the item to your cart)
And thats it. and yes the DLC's will work on all characters you have or make, all at the same time. by the way the DLC's are priced as follows
  • Dawnguard $20
  • Dragonborn $20
  • Hearthfire $5
Hope you enjoy the DLC! :Dovahkiin:

Red5

Downloading the whole thing right now. Thanks for the assist!

To get the DLC for Skyrim on your PS3, follow these steps
  1. Log into your account (your PSN account)
  2. select the Playstation Store, found under the Playstation Network tab
  3. Search Skyrim once in the Playstation Store
  4. Select the DLC you would like and add it to your cart
  5. Purchase the DLC (a option to purchase will be given after adding the item to your cart)
And thats it. and yes the DLC's will work on all characters you have or make, all at the same time. by the way the DLC's are priced as follows
  • Dawnguard $20
  • Dragonborn $20
  • Hearthfire $5
Hope you enjoy the DLC! :Dovahkiin:

Red5

Chubby, thanks again for the assist. I do have a follow up. It seems that after downloading all three, I did almost instantly have some approach me to join Dawngaurd, and a courier give me a letter to adopt some kids, so it looks like Hearthfire and Dawngaurd are active...

What will initiate the DragonBorne? Do I need to finish the main quest on character?

Thanks again!

CHUBBY_RYNO

Chubby, thanks again for the assist. I do have a follow up. It seems that after downloading all three, I did almost instantly have some approach me to join Dawngaurd, and a courier give me a letter to adopt some kids, so it looks like Hearthfire and Dawngaurd are active...

What will initiate the DragonBorne? Do I need to finish the main quest on character?

Thanks again!

Dragonborn can either be initiated by some lovely cultists approaching at a random time and place (usually a hold or village) or you can start the DLC yourself by heading to Windhelm and speaking to the captain of one of the ships, I believe its the one furthest down the docks from the main gate, but I may be mistaken. Either way this will take you to Solstheim and put you on track with the beginning of the DLC. Hope this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts