Xbox 360 Pro's and Con's of killing Paarthurnax

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

I've not had my char join sides, desiring more to get it as "full" Vampire, as well as "Listener" for Dark Brotherhood, and on my way to Thieves Guildmaster. I've brokered a truce for the interim, but the Blade's want Paarthurnax killed, something I really don't think will be beneficial all around.

Any thoughts/experience on this?

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Don't kill Paarthy, cause he's amazing. The benefits of saving him are alot better than those of slaying him.

Pileggi

I killed him on my last character. Felt so bad at the end of the main story line just looking at his skeleton. The blades are so lame too, should be an option to kill them instead of parthy!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

azali100

No soul as in you're a soulless, heartless, cruel lump of rock.

Not as in no soul absorbed.
I killed him kinda felt bad, played blades missions, made a set of dragon bone armor, and felt better.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Pros: You get dragon bones and or scales
Cons: You have no soul.

This. It's only really useful on my heartless warrior character that uses a lot of followers. Don't kill him if you don't want to fast travel to Sky Haven Temple for followers.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I'll just look at this from a pure gameplay perspective, not a role-playing one.

If you kill Paarthurnax you can have Esbern point you in the direction of a dragon, give you the dragon slayer's blessing and have up three helpers to help you slay dragons.

On the other hand if you let Paarthurnax live then you can get Arngier point you in the direction of a word wall, and Paarthurnax can help you meditate on a word of power.

So I'd make my decision like this: If you have too many words but not enough dragon souls, then kill Paarthurnax. If you have too many dragon souls but not enough words, then do not kill Paarthurnax.

JClarke1953

I wonder when/if the thing about finding the Word of Power at Arcwind Point can, or will ever be fixed. I've gotten no more "Letter's" since that bug, and no more "whisper's" of them from Arngeir.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
I killed Paarthurnax on one of my characters.. I've never felt so bad in all my life.
BUT, it's handy having the dragon slayers blessing, and having the blades tell you where a dragon may be. Although, they don't seem to have any trouble with appearing almost ANYWHERE. :p

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Even a dragon.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I killed him on my last character. Felt so bad at the end of the main story line just looking at his skeleton. The blades are so lame too, should be an option to kill them instead of parthy!
Hell yeah. Fus-Ro-Dah them both off the cliffs in the courtyard.:Dragonborn:

stagnant94

where does paarthy go at the end of the main quest?

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Sean

lost somewhere
I never saw a point to killing Paarthurnax.

-Before even talking to Paathurnax you can finish up everything with the Blades, and even get a lot of dragon souls
-Dragons are still easy to find
-It just is strange to kill a character like that for no reason

Clau

The Fateless One
How I envy PC gamers with their mods allowing progress with the Blades faction without killing old Paarthy. I'm saving up for TES: Skyrim on the PC. :)

For my RP purposes, my favorite gal on my sig finds Paarthy as a father figure.