• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

Would it count if I said Martin from Oblivion? He was a priest of Akatosh, I think, and he wore armor.

Xarnac

He wore armor after he effectively gave up the priesthood. At that point he's no longer Brother Martin, but Emperor Martin.

Obviously a priest can wear armor if he wants. You just dont find armored priests in ES.

El Fonz0

What's stopping a player who's a priest from wearing armor?

Xarnac

Again, nothing. People can and will do whatever they want. But you dont find armored priests in the ES. The fighting, armor wearers are usually part of the Templar branches of the Temples. Like the Stendarr Crusaders (which are effectively what the Vigilants are).

Would it count if I said Martin from Oblivion? He was a priest of Akatosh, I think, and he wore armor.
I don't know, I never got into that game due to the clunky leveling interface. I'll take your word for it. Also, I'll add that though it says Priest in the title, it's really ment to include the broader category of God allied avocations, such as Paladins/Templars, Champions, Heralds, Prophets, and Messianic Avatars(See Talos: Above.) IMNSHO, if you're talking about a priest of a War God, you're damned skippy he'll wear armor, and wield blades, especially if the God's symbol happens to be a Cross between a Sword, and 2 bit Axe. Mara, i can't really see running around with weapons killing everyone, but where the Daedra's Artifact is a big ass hammer, I really don't see the conflict with Weapons, and Armor. Also, where there is a priest, I try to emulate them, such as Azura. I didn't do that, because it's already there. Look at her, there's your build. Also why I didn't dwell too long on Nocturnal, nor Sithis. The Listener, that's pretty simple, right? The Keeper is already taken, so I guess you could replace him, but that's Not My Build.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Any more abuse of the rating system and I will give more warnings and close this thread. Enough is enough. Surely you can figure out how to have a conversation about a priest build in a civilized fashion.

Circumventing a 1 day warning by creating a new account is justification for banning your ip. I give out warnings very rarely and bans even less often. I've done both on this thread.

I urge everyone to get back on topic or to move on.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts