Preparing For Dawnguard, Questions Arise

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I have deliberately made 2 saves of my now main Nord Warrior...the same guy, one good to do the Dawnguard questline, the other evil, to go Vampire Lord.

I made them both cosmetically look the roles, one blondhaired, blue-eyed in dragonplate, the other pale, red eyes, black hair and some Alice Cooper looking facepaint, ebony mail. The other guy is all like William Wallace blue paint.

I mostly want to play my future vampire Lord but from what a buddy has been telling me, I'll get all these penalties to stamina and stuff that will make me have to go back to my mundane unfinished quests only at night.

If this is true, that will totally suck as I hate finding things in Skyrim darkness and really love sunlght while traveling the roads, seeking new adventures.

So what can I expect from all this? Will I be disappointed if I go to that "Dark Side?"

Thanks for any heads up info.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Haven't played Dawnguard yet, but have been playing Skyrim as a vampire since I got it. From what I understand, both species share similar weaknesses. Yes, during the day, you'll be weaker in the sense that your Health, Magic and Stamina will drop and won't regenerate. Fire hurts you more the longer you don't feed, but thankfully, you can go Stage 4 as a Vampire Lord and not have everything attack you. Normal vampires get attacked by everyone when they reach Stage 4.

Vampires are creatures of the night, but if you enjoy a solid challenge, have them walk in the rays of the sun and do battle.

Will you be disappointed? No idea. I'm not and I don't have the cool vampire perks that comes along with Dawnguard. But keep in mind that your best advantage is the night. If you hate the night, then don't turn. One thing to consider is that most quests take place in dungeons and caves, which will nullify the daytime weaknesses as far as regeneration is concerned. I don't know if your Health, Magic or Stamina still take a hit if you are in a cave or dungeon during the daytime though.

Being a vampire in Skyrim is a challenge. I've fought Dragons on Stage 4 during the day and man alive, it was like playing Demon's Souls. However, being a Vampire Lord should be a much better experience.

Pete

Well I've played both sides many times. Maybe, do the good guy thing first. Since you love the daylight. That way you'll play a style you may be more accustomed to: loyalty, rules, honor.

I suggest when you do the vampire side, make your character have a self-serving personality. Vampires play very well this way at Harkon's court.

For example, my honorable female imperial did the entire imperial side of the civil war first. I pretended that she aged since a war could take years. At the end of the civil war quest line you are basically a retired leggit. She felt old and sickly and wanted to avoid death, that was her motivation for turning into a vampire. Becoming a vampire she especially prays on nords, since the often say rebellous things. etc...

As for penalties, I only travel at night. Good guys will take down my vamp quickly during the day. And fire, oh how I hate it! Fire dragons are a real worry, thus the need for followers or conjured allies to take the heat for me. Its actually fun to play a character that as an Achilles heal. I don't try to negate it. The bonuses to illusion and sneaking make up for it big time. And combined with archery.... wow. Honestly, I have the most fun being a vamp. My vamps never use crossbows (good guy weapon), just regular bows.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts