• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Good Idea?

• Total voters

Hunfar

The other night I had a dream about rings with both unique and useful effects. There were only four that I remember:

1: Levitation - For some reason, the ring required you to hold your breath, causing you to fall when out of air. Perhaps there could be a concentration bar in TES:6 instead of holding your breath, which could be used for other things as well.

2: Ring Snatcher - Someone kept stealing my levitation ring with this one. Perhaps it could disable other rings instead of snatching.

3: Fire - I know there's flame spells already, but this ring releases a large, wide burst of flames rather than a thin line like the flames spell.

4: Calm Foe/Healing Area - I think this ring did something other than create a safe/healing spot, but I can't remember. All I remember is sitting down slowly and pressing my hands together, creating a large whitish/blue aura.

Now before you scream LOTR rip-off, I think it would work if they were kept on the down-low, not part of the main quest. They're just rings crafted by wizards/enchanters found about. Feel free to share any other ring ideas.

I tend to like situations which force a choice on you. So, a ring that either doubles your magic while halving your health, or vice versa.

Hunfar

I tend to like situations which force a choice on you. So, a ring that either doubles your magic while halving your health, or vice versa.

Sounds good, but perhaps only some should poses the doubled edge trade off. I think there's a spell called equilibrium that has an effect similar to or pretty much what you described, just in case you wanna check it out if you haven't already.

Ironclad

Shocking handshake ring. does the obvious.

Pigeon's leg ring. Turns you into a flying rat, permanently. coo coo!

Wedding ring. makes the wearer weaker to noise-attacks, also mysteriously loses money upon waking...

Umbrella ring. never gets wet outdoors.

The One Ring. Makes the wearer one with everything, they evaporate into the ether. Gone.

Thumb ring. Never again pay for a ride across Skyrim.