Posts that don't warrant their own threads...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I don't have a direct answer, but I do know that if you try to deliver the Axe before dealing with the dragon at the Whiterun Watchtower, you'll be told to deal with it first.

I've never had any issues with the Civil War quests, save for getting Gelmar (whatever his name is) to talk to you about the mission at hand.... There were times I'd tried waiting, traveling, sleeping, attacking and then calming everyone... That's just one of those things you have to come back to later on, and hopefully, he'll give you the dialogue option.

As to your second question, I don't think he could have. The cooldown on rip-body-apart shouts must be massive. I'm guessing, at least, four times as long as storm call shouts-- w/ Talos blessing & amulet.

Right. Well I have dealt with the dragon at the Watchtower - and gotten Lydia and become Thane and all that fun stuff. What I am worried about mostly is the part in the main quest where you have to convince the Jarl to let you capture Odahviing in Dragonsreach. If it's not Jarl Balgruuf but a Jarl placed there from the Civil War, does it make that part impossible to complete? I'm not sure, so I'm holding back for the moment until I know.
As for Ulfric - you have a certain point there. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Oh, I see what you mean... hmmm... Well, I don't imagine they'd have left something like that in the game... But, I guess it's possible. Make a couple saves and find out. That's my advice.

The one time the changing of Jarls screwed me over was in Falkreath. I had only done 2/3 for helping the people, and just so happened, I couldn't give the letter he requested after stealing it from Lod... Maybe there's an other way to proceed through that timeline. I haven't looked for a solution yet.

Oh, I see what you mean... hmmm... Well, I don't imagine they'd have left something like that in the game... But, I guess it's possible. Make a couple saves and find out. That's my advice.

The one time the changing of Jarls screwed me over was in Falkreath. I had only done 2/3 for helping the people, and just so happened, I couldn't give the letter he requested after stealing it from Lod...

Good idea. My thumb drive is mostly out of space at the moment but I need to prepare another one for that reason anyway. So I think I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. :) I have been pretty fortunate with the Jarls thus far, at least on my main character - I did Season Unending because my Bosmer didn't agree with either side. As a result she has Maven Black-Briar as Jarl of Riften - which is great because she's a Thieves Guild member. And instant Thane-ship in every other Hold. It's pretty great. But I also know how buggy the game is so I gotta be careful. Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble on lol.

Wildroses

I haven't played the main quest after doing the Civil War for the Stormcloak side, but I have done the Imperial Side. When I got to the part where I had to ask the Jarl to help me trap a dragon in his palace Balgruuf agreed straight away. Instead of sending me to the political leaders to arrange a truce he sent me to the Blades to find out how to summon a dragon because he needed time to oil the chains and break the news to his guards. I bet Jarl Vigmar will do the same thing.

Doing it this way made the Blades seem even more idiotic. I walked up to Esbern and he went: "I've discovered something dreadful! Evil Paarthurnax is the leader of the Greybeards and my oath as a Blade means I can't offer you any aid or comfort to you. Oh, you need my aid in trapping a dragon in Dragonsreach? Sure I can aid you with that. Let me spend the next five minutes explaining who Odhaving is and why he'll come when you call." That's one really flexible Blade oath you got there Esbern.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

The one time the changing of Jarls screwed me over was in Falkreath. I had only done 2/3 for helping the people, and just so happened, I couldn't give the letter he requested after stealing it from Lod... Maybe there's an other way to proceed through that timeline. I haven't looked for a solution yet.
Chop wood for a vampire will give you 3 as well. Discovered on a character that wasn't a complete thieving bastard.

Daelon DuLac

^ You trying to say something, bub?

Haha... Well, not being a thieving bastard is hard to do, okay?

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can find this vampire you speak of. Hopefully I'll be able to tie up that loose end.

Try looking around where Lakeview Manor is located. :)

Actually, maybe the Falkreath Watchtower region might be better. Just be sure to "bridge" the gap, unless you want to get wet. And remember, the early morning worm gets the favors. I hope that doesn't sound wooden. :)

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
This seems like the right moment in this thread to re-tell this story:

You know the all-powerful Morokei? The one who holds the Staff of Magnus and has a very powerful mask? The one who taunts you with a magic depleting wind about how hopeless and doomed you are throughout the entire dungeon? The one Savos Aren was so terrified of he sacrificed two of his friends to keep imprisoned, despite promising they would stay together?
My pet dog just pushed him off his ledge, onto the ground, right back to the steps out of the main room, up the steps and all the way across the huge passage room until Morokei was backed up against the wall, where he died of bite wounds.
My glorious contribution to this fight was mostly falling off walls then forgetting where the stairs were to get back up and running after Meeko and Morokei yelling: "Hey! Get back here! The boss fight is supposed to be happening in there!"
When I fought him, I had my follower spam him with the staff that diminishes magic and stood off to the side and hammered him with ice spikes. Too easy. If a dog can kill him, well, I wonder if he's glitched somehow? Shouldn't he be tougher?

Daelon DuLac

This seems like the right moment in this thread to re-tell this story:

You know the all-powerful Morokei? The one who holds the Staff of Magnus and has a very powerful mask? The one who taunts you with a magic depleting wind about how hopeless and doomed you are throughout the entire dungeon? The one Savos Aren was so terrified of he sacrificed two of his friends to keep imprisoned, despite promising they would stay together?
My pet dog just pushed him off his ledge, onto the ground, right back to the steps out of the main room, up the steps and all the way across the huge passage room until Morokei was backed up against the wall, where he died of bite wounds.
My glorious contribution to this fight was mostly falling off walls then forgetting where the stairs were to get back up and running after Meeko and Morokei yelling: "Hey! Get back here! The boss fight is supposed to be happening in there!"
When I fought him, I had my follower spam him with the staff that diminishes magic and stood off to the side and hammered him with ice spikes. Too easy. If a dog can kill him, well, I wonder if he's glitched somehow? Shouldn't he be tougher?
I think he's meant for a relatively low level. Even when I've done him over 20, he's about the same. I mean, he doesn't even do physical damage to you, he just drains your magicka away. Usually, I just spam him with chain lightning and get it over with. Frankly, his guardian spirits have more "spirit" in the fight than he does!

Daelon DuLac

Wait a tick! He doesn't even do physical damage? I've always been too afraid to approach him in melee combat... haha... I didn't realize he was that much of a pushover.
I only just found that out on a recent playthrough. I have been terrified of him for ages, but, this time, since I knew he was going to steal all my magicka, I cast dual bound swords before confronting him. All he did was shoot his whatever at me (I thought it was lightning) as I walked up to him and started hacking away. It took about 60 seconds and he was shooting at me the whole time. Sure, I had no magicka whatsoever, but I took absolutely no damage. And I was only wearing robes with no protections at the time.

If someone else says he should be doing damage then I have a very well glitched game that I hope never changes!

Daelon DuLac

Wait a tick! He doesn't even do physical damage? I've always been too afraid to approach him in melee combat... haha... I didn't realize he was that much of a pushover.
I only just found that out on a recent playthrough. I have been terrified of him for ages, but, this time, since I knew he was going to steal all my magicka, I cast dual bound swords before confronting him. All he did was shoot his whatever at me (I thought it was lightning) as I walked up to him and started hacking away. It took about 60 seconds and he was shooting at me the whole time. Sure, I had no magicka whatsoever, but I took absolutely no damage. And I was only wearing robes with no protections at the time.

If someone else says he should be doing damage then I have a very well glitched game that I hope never changes!
BTW - same playthrough, I ended up getting killed by the slaughter fish in the pool at the end of the chamber because I was greedy to give up that chest under the water there (I think it's a chest, it could just be some other random, not very valuable thing). :)

The_Jester

Jester
The other day, a bandit archer was on a castle wall - taking shots at me, of course. I dodge his arrows as I stroll up to him. He backs away from me, and falls off the castle wall. On his way down, I hear him shout; "Wasn't expecting that one, were you!?"

As I laughed with glee, I thought 'You're correct, clever bandit-man! Your sly clumsy ways have thwarted me! As I'm too lazy to walk down where you've fallen"

Long live The Clumsy Bandit, may he always fall from survivable heights.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I have been trying to work on a Sheogorath based character but it keeps dawning on me 2 Sheogorathic beings in one game why thats just MADNESS

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts