• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
did you read the thread?

I failed to see your point since a glass greatsword and almost as good as a daedric sword. But that STILL doesn't explain how a Daedric Sword can go over 300 something while a glass sword is stuck at less than 100.

lolwut? daedric weapons have the highest base damage, which means no matter how much you upgrade a glass sword, if you do the same upgrades to a daedric sword it will do more damage.

Phenom

lolwut? daedric weapons have the highest base damage, which means no matter how much you upgrade a glass sword, if you do the same upgrades to a daedric sword it will do more damage.
I never said ANYTHING about sword comparasion or ANYTHING! I am just simply asking how can a sword surpass 100 damage. I'm not trying to start a retarded debate about what sword is better.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
My sword is fully enchanted and fully legendary. Yet, it STILL won't surpass 100. Plus, max perks. Do you REALLY think I haven't tried theat yet?
You must use Alchemy for the +Enchanting and +Smithing potions, need to be wearing +Smithing enchanted clothing as well.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How do people get over 100 damage? =/ I got a legendary glass sword and it only does 70ish damage!
1. You can further increase your weapons damage past normal Legendary Damage by Smithing it with smithing skill higher than 100. You can temporarily get higher Smithing Skill by wearing 4 pieces of apparel that have the Fortify Smithing Enchantment (body, hads, ring and necklace) and drinking a Fortify Smithing potion before you begin to temper your weapons. It's possible, through legitimate use of Alchemy and Enchanting skill and perks, to enchant those items each with 29% Fortify Smithing skill. The strength of the Fortify Smithing enchantments you place on your apparel should be a function of at what point the resulting damage is going to unbalance the game for you by making combat too easy.

2. Your displayed weapon damage is not just the base damage. It is a function of the base damage, the increased damage from smithing, your weapon skill, the number of first tier damage perks you have in the perk tree for that weapon skill, and all the items you are wearing with a matching Fortify Weapon Skill enchantment.

3. You can further increase the damage from smithing by using exploits like the use of Fortify Restoration potions and wearing multiple sets of armor with Fortify Smithing enchantments at the same time. If you do that it's pretty much guaranteed it will unbalance your game because there is nothing in the game that can survive one hit from weapon that does over 6,000 points of damage with one swing or shot but to each their own. (I'm surprised no one has posted one yet in this thread...3...2...1.... :rolleyes:)

Anonylulz

Hey guys how did you get your weapon that high?

"I planned my character from the internet and now I don't even get to fight things lol"

Stay classy

My sword is fully enchanted and fully legendary. Yet, it STILL won't surpass 100. Plus, max perks. Do you REALLY think I haven't tried theat yet?

Well since you seem to know how to get over 100 damage I REALLY think you havent tried that yet.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Hey guys how did you get your weapon that high?

"I planned my character from the internet and now I don't even get to fight things lol"

Stay classy
While its true there is no situation in this game that warrants using weapons or armor that are not naturally available I think its best to research what you want in a character online, especially for a game made in 2011(!!!) that doesn't even have a respec of perks option. Most of us don't want to waste time on a character that ends up being poorly made and then not be able to respec said character.

After one has realized the powerful weapons are uncalled for and kind of make things boring you can scale your enchants back, ie: not doubling up, not using potions while enchanting/smithing, etc. This actually allows you to fine tune the difficulty by only giving certain enchants.

I personally have just stopped Smithing with enchanted gear/potions and enchanting with potions for one set and I have another set of gear only found naturally in game. I still like to use the crafting since I have invested 20 perks into them and I can't respec to just get rid of them. :sadface:

Straumgald

I've been using Blades Sword's and Dragonbane (dragons only) since late 20s. I just keep improving them as my skills improved, then when enchanting/smithing/alchemy was maxed I used another pair (you can get 3 pairs). I only used +20% smithing items, notched pickaxe, and a 100% smithing potion. I see no reason to take all that extra work to make them stupid better.

Still rocking them at 65; Dragonbane is on or around 200 dmg with 100 1H skill and some enchants for +1Hdmg. Blades Swords are 188 I think and both have fiery soultrap (despite having double enchant skill) because its like 3000 charges of 1 sec trap and 10 damage. On master giants die in one dual wield power attack, Ancient Dragons take 3 power attacks. Although they still kill me in one fire breath, crazy bastards.

Still need to upgrade the Nightingale armor though! Stats suck, armor is above cap of course.

New bow

Knee Piercing Daedric Bow. Damage is 150ish

brandon

How do people get over 100 damage? =/ I got a legendary glass sword and it only does 70ish damage!
smithing. or find the glass sword called chillrend. it starts out at over 70 dam

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts