• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Hey Benthos: did you use any mod to help in developing the character as a Forsworn? I have been considering building a Forsworn, and saw a mod that make them a playable faction through a quest, or another which makes Forsworn a playable race from the start, etc. Just curious if you had any info about that sort of thing. Thanks!
These were taken on the PS3 using Avermedia HD. It's a game screen capture device to either take pics or record video. I'm not the kind of person to ask about Mods since the only MOD I ever installed for the PC version was the ability to play as a Snow Elf and even then I didn't play the PC version long enough. Laptop isn't suited to play much of the PC version so I stick with my PS3 version.

Abyssion

Name: Svogre
Race: Nord
Class: Archer, Duelist
Major Skills: Archery, One handed, Light Armor, Block
Minor Skills: Smithing, Sneak, Alchemy
Faction: Companions
Creation Date: August 2013
What he's doing: Completing bounties at the mo.2013-08-09_00002.jpg

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
So, I was catching up on my comic books and I was really digging the fact Storm from the X-Men is rocking her mohawk again. I thought about it and realized, "Why doesn't my Redguard have a white mohawk?" This was the result. I like it. For fun, I made her scimitar (she's still low level) have a lightning enchantment.

Also, I feel like I'm slowly working out the formula for taking decent pictures with my phone. These look pretty good.

vi42.jpg

Roque

Here are my current characters (I roleplay quite heavily)
I'm on xbox so I'm playing with no mods and I haven't yet mastered taking screenshots with my phone!

Let me know what you guys think :)

Rökkr
Witchhunter

Rökkr's affable nature when amongst the good people of Tamriel veils his fearsome hatred for all forms of dark magic. For years he has roamed the lands seeking out and destroying all users of necromancy, vampires and daedra. He operates alone, preferring to remain clandestine in his work until the time comes to nock an arrow. He has trained hard for his cause, and in addition to his incredible archery skills he has equipped himself with a selection of magical abilities to protect him his enemies' dark powers. When hunting, he always carries a large selection of potions and scrolls to ensure he is prepared for any situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Svalr Ice-Veins
Frost Battlemage

Svalr's taciturn attitude is fitting considering his favouring of frost magic. He has spent his years wandering Tamriel as a scholar and sellsword. He usually prefers neutrality to picking sides and has so far made no effort to aid or hinder either side in the civil war. Although, he does possess a poor opinion of the Thalmor and their agents, with whom he has clashed on multiple occasions. He has returned to his native Skyrim to spend some time at the College of Winterhold, it being the last bastion of magic related research in Tamriel. In battle he is a formidable force, wielding frost magic and blades with a great deal of skill, he is also known to summon frost atronachs to aid him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viranus Vassinius
Warlock

Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

A former member of the College of Whispers and a consummate sociopath. His unquenchable desire for greater power drove a wedge between him and the college, culminating in an attempt on his life. However, his would be assassin could not best him and so used a complex spell to seal away some of his magicka. He slaughtered his assailant mercilessly through sheer force of will, and left the assassin's smouldering remains behind as a message. He strode out into the night, never to be heard of again. For years, Viranus has been operating in secret, slowly increasing his power and searching for daedric artefacts to aid him. He has crept across Tamriel, consorting with all manner of foul creatures but considering none as anything more than "expendable help", and has found his way to Skyrim. In battle he favours the element of Fire and holds great power over the undead, commanding them to do his bidding.

Roque
Alik'r Monk Assassin

Roque is a professional and always has an air of control about him. Every move he makes or word he speaks is calculated to achieve a desired effect. He never allows his emotions or circumstances to better him. He tirelessly maintains himself in top condition and constantly seeks to improve his martial skills. Roque is also terribly cunning, able to out think as well as outfight his opponents. Unusual for a man whose business is death, he is quite principled and rarely kills unless it is necessary or he has been hired to do so.

Roque

Was bored on the train so I wrote a more in depth history for for main character. With his story I tried to justify all the choices I would make in game that might seem odd or out of character if based solely on in game experiences. So here is the tale of how Svalr came to be mixed up in Skyrim's troubles.

The Blizzard of Bruma

Born into a military family in Bruma, Svalr was destined to be a soldier. From an early age he showed a talent for magic, especially the element of frost. When he came of age, he joined the Legion and trained as a battlemage. During the Great War he earned a reputation for being brutally efficient in battle and his demeanour, as cold as the magic he wields, earned him the name, Ice-Veins. During one battle his speed and deadly ice magic cut such a bloody swathe through the Aldmeri ranks that he received another name, the Blizzard of Bruma.

He fought alongside Tulius during the campaign to retake the Imperial City. They were not close but each had a great deal of respect for the other. Although they shared a common hatred for the Thalmor, Svalr felt the Emperor was too quick to accept the White-Gold Concordat. Feeling disillusioned with the politics of the Empire he had sworn to protect, he left the Legion pledging never to return.

For 25 years he wandered Tamriel, studying magic with the now scattered masters of the Mage's Guild. He would learn all he could from his teachers before setting off in search of the next. As he journeyed throughout Tamriel, his hatred for the Thalmor grew. Seeing them assert their dominance over the Empire he had loved caused him no small amount of pain. On several occasions during his travels he clashed with Thalmor Justicars, leading to a warrant for his arrest being issued.

He was making his way to the College of Winterhold when he heard the news of King Torygg's death at the hands of Ulfric Stormcloak. He had witnessed first hand what an invading force had done to the city he called home, so now the thought of his native land being torn apart by its own people was immensely troubling. He had heard whispers of Ulfric being a Thalmor informant. Knowing how damaging a civil conflict would be to the empire, and how it benefited the elves, he cursed Ulfric's betrayal. If Ulfric was granted the title of High King, it would spell doom for the Empire as Skyrim broke away. He could not allow that to happen. Following much thought, he decided on a position of neutrality until he had learnt more of the situation.

One night, he was surprised by an ambush of Imperial soldiers. He surrendered rather than fight the men he knew to be only carrying out orders. He was amused when he found himself in a cart along with a bound and gagged Ulfric. In his heart, he knew his journey had ended and he was about to face punishment for his actions against the Thalmor. Although he couldn't help but smile at the irony of his own people being the ones that would deliver it.

Upon reaching Helgen, he was greeted by the sight of Thalmor agents and knew that his capture was no coincidence. The cowards had sent Imperial soldiers knowing he wouldn't attack them out of principle. However, he was surprised to see Tulius (now wearing the armour of a general) overseeing the executions personally. Realising his old comrade hadn't recognised him, he accepted his fate and remained quiet.

When the dragon attacked, he was awe struck. Was this fate saving him or just some cruel concurrence. He pulled his mind together and pressed on, choosing to escape the devastation with an imperial soldier rather than one of Ulfric's men. He went with the soldier to the town of Riverwood, and travelled alone to the hold capital, Whiterun. He warned the Jarl of the impending danger and was recruited to help his court mage in retrieving a stone tablet that would possibly aid them against the dragon.

On his return to Whiterun with the tablet, the dragon attacked. He raced to confront it with some of the Jarl's men. They defeated the dragon and it was then that something incredible happened.

Svalr absorbed the soul of the slain dragon.

He felt it's power flow through him. He felt as if he understood exactly what the dragon was thinking as it died. He felt rejuvenated. His world weary body felt powerful again. As he marched back to Whiterun, there was a deafening roll of thunder. He felt for some reason as though it calling out to him, although he could not understand what was being said. The Jarl's brother told him it was the Greybeards summoning him to their monastery.

Svalr was named Thane of Whiterun, a title he grudgingly accepted. He had to make a decision, follow the Jarl's guidance and go to the Greybeards, or try and get to the bottom of this civil war. Sensing that the threat of the dragons was more pressing, he set off for High Hrothgar...

And so began the most immersive play through of Skyrim I've had to date. Besides some scripted dialogue I have yet to break character in my mind.

Does anyone else go to this extent when playing?

Chadonraz

Name: Åke (recycled that name, because I really like it)
'Class' or Class Description: Warrior, but uses some magic (Healing, Oakflesh, Bound Sword)
Relative Date of Creation: 21.8.2013
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor): Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Two-Handed (yes, both of those), Block
Level (Estimate if you must): 18
Factions: Companions
What are they up to?: Doing bounties in Whiterun (already did all available ones in Falkreath)
Alliance: Hasn't picked a side yet

I'm trying something new (to me) with this character: wearing the Cursed Ring of Hircine 24/7. Definitely adds a lot to the game when you never know when you're going to transform. :)
Åke hasn't progressed past "The Silver Hand" in the Companions questline, because he feels somewhat guilty (and because I don't think it would be appropriate for him to finish the questline while he's unable to control his inner monster).
His list of active quests is long (8 atm), and he also has a bunch of misc objectives in his journal; Åke has trouble concentrating on one thing at a time.

He's in the process of building his own house (Lakeview Manor), and is frustrated by the gigantic amount of iron it requires. Luckily it's a very common mineral.

---

I really like the Cursed Ring of Hircine, because it adds a real downside to being a werewolf. Without the ring lycanthropy is definitely a lot more of a blessing than a curse, which doesn't feel right.

And now to answer the question someone's bound to have: So far the random transformations have earned Åke two bounties, once each in Whiterun and the Pale. Even though it's just the 1000 gold, bounty collectors keep tracking him down in Whiterun.

LeonitusAquilius

Founder of Aquilius Steel
Leonitus Aquillius (general RP)

Leonitus's father (a captain with the Imperial Legion) was killed in a werewolf attack when Leonitus was still a boy, he was then raised by his grandfather, a master blacksmith in the city of Bruma. He learned the smithing trade until he was old enough to join the Legion himself and, after several years and postings all over Tamriel, Leonitus was eventually posted to Skyrim to serve and fight in the Stormcloak rebellion. Leonitus and his men were instrumental in the ambush and capture of Ulfric Stormcloak and as such was made Tactical adviser and Commander by General Tullius. His active service with the Legion done, Leonitus built Heljarchen Hall which currently serves as the main forge and Showhouse for Aquillius Steel where he and his apprentice Gregor, produce the most legendary weapons and armor in all of Skyrim.

Being an industrious Imperial, Leonitus owns and lets several properties throughout Skyrim, he lives in his solitude manor house and owns a villa in the woodlands of Falkreath where, every year he spends the old life festival with his wife and two daughters.

---

Godrel Hodlin (free flow RP) This character is new and a work in progress

Godrel is a simple Nord man who found himself on the wagon to Helgen after simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. After managing to escape, he returned to his wife Aeri at Anga's Mill. After learning of an opportunity to earn more septims through an opening at the mill in Riverwood, the pair moved to a rented house in whiterun where Aeri opened a market stall and they adopted a homeless girl as their own. One day on the ride home from Riverwood to Whiterun, Godrel was attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin. Fearing for his and his family's safety Godrel fled to Riften to seek out the only person he now felt he could trust, his long time friend Hofgrir Horse-crusher. Upon his arrival, Godrel learned that his friend had recently been killed in a dragon attack on the city and, after some discussion with the Jarl, negotiated lodgings for himself and his family as well as a position running the Riften stables.

A simple man living a simple life, Godrel remains stablemaster at the Riften stables. He spends time hunting and fishing and tending his hound and keeps a constant vigil on the road to Riften. He and Aeri worship in the temple of Mara every Sundas and while they live a respectable life, they live in constant fear of the threat of assassins.

---

I play on Xbox360 and all of the above is easily achievable without the use of mods!!

AS88

Staff member
Besides some scripted dialogue I have yet to break character in my mind.

Does anyone else go to this extent when playing?

You're definitely not the only one, I have about a dozen characters who I could roll of a backstory for, similar to yours. The Blizzard of Bruma is excellent, though, as is your writing and as RP Moderator I'd like to welcome you to the site. Have you ever thought of actually role-playing with others in a written format? If you'd like an example, click the Legend of Lies link in my signature, and enjoy the site. :)

Patches

Name: Patches
Race: Khajiit
Class: Pirate (Stealth, Dual-Wielding)
DoC: Not sure.
Skills: Sneak, One-Handed dual wielding(Bloodscythe, Soulrender), Light armor (Deathbreand)
Factions: Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Vokihar
What are they up to? Currently tracking down Dragon Priests to get the legendary mask Kohnitik
Alliance: No
Backstory: Too lazy to write...
Picture: too lazy to upload...but she lives up to her name.

Dragonborn Erak

Dragonborn
Name: Erak Sordstrom
'Class' or Class Description: Barbarian (I'm guessing)
Relative Date of Creation: August 19th, 2013
Major Skills: Heavy Armor, Two-Handed, Archery
Level: 32
Factions: Companion, Thief, Blade, (will eventually join the Stormcloaks)
What are they up to? Currently traveling to learn "Dragonrend".
Alliance: Stormcloaks
Dislikes: Imperials, People who mistreat women, Bards, Condescending people (Looking at you Nazeem) and Nords who support the Empire.
Back story (Optional): Father was killed by Imperial soldiers 23 years ago, mother was taken to be a comfort woman. House was burned down. Fled with younger sister to High Rock to live with Aunt. Sister passed away. Since then, he's traveled to Orsinium, Elsweyr and Hammerfell. Learned to forge from the Orcs, traded with the Khajit and learned to fight from the Redgaurds. While in Hammerfell he received news that his Aunt had passed away, so he decided to return to Skyrim where he was caught trying to cross the border. (Shortened Version)
Other Details (Optional): Relatively good, married to Mjoll the Lioness, partially blind in his right eye, doesn't hate the elves like other Nords, (after the war he'll retire and become a guard of a hold), very charitable, loves the city of Riften.
Picture (optional):
photo.php
(I'll post my other characters later)

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Wildroses

Name: Faire
Race: Altmer
'Class' or Class Description: Sneaky Archer Mage
Relative Date of Creation: April 2013
Major Skills: Archery, Alteration, Sneak (Perks). She is actively training smithing and enchanting but has no perks in these.
Level (Estimate if you must): 49

Backstory: Faire's parents were wealthy aristocrats with a privileged life back in the Summerset Isles, right up until her mother's sister was accused of treachery and the Thalmor decided to arrest her entire family. They were most surprised when her Father decided to kill the arresting party and flee the country to the safety of the Imperial Capital instead of hand over his wife. They managed to bring three pieces of enchanted jewellery, an enchanted bow and an enchanted sword with them that were highly prized family heirlooms. Faire's mother died having her, so she was raised by her father in relative poverty as they refused to sell their precious heirlooms.

Growing up as one of the only representatives in her neighbourhood of a race which caused terrible losses in the Great War and with a Father who kept telling her how she was still a highborn Altmer lady and must always act like it even though they lived in a tiny little house with little money left after buying food had it's challenges, but Faire managed to do so without turning completely arrogant or bitter. She was just as passionate about the heirloom jewellery and weapons as her father, to the point they were the reason she wanted to learn archery and decided to apprentice herself to a jewellery maker, a decision which horrified her father who did everything in his power to stop it.

Left alone, Faire would have almost certainly been content to live her entire life in the Imperial City with her Father as a jewellery crafter and enchanter. However, when Faire was halfway through her apprenticeship a Nord bandit heard about these expensive unguarded items in an easily breakable into house and stole them all. Faire decided to follow him to Skyrim and get them back, a decision which again horrified her Father.

Factions: Imperials. She's too busy heirloom hunting to join factions.
Alliance: Imperial Army (She heard an Imperial Solider had her heirlooms, but doesn't really like Tullius or Rikke as she is secretly convinced all this: "Special and coincidentally really dangerous missions just for you as you are wasted as a regular solider" stuff is them trying to get her killed, and thinks Tullius asked her to kill Ulfric because he knew all the blame from his fans would then fall on her and not him).

What are they up to?: She is currently trying to solve a murder in Windhelm while saving up enough money to buy Hjerim as she heard a necromancer in Eastmarch was the last person who had her bow, and camping or living in an inn just isn't viable when you have adopted orphans who need a settled home and a parent figure who comes home regularly every night. She is also failing to notice Vorstag is in love with her and insisting that just because she absorbs powers from dead dragons and has hallucinations around word walls, it doesn't mean she is this ancient Nordic fairy story.

Other Details: Faire enjoys cooking and spends most of her money on expensive materials as she is determined to be a master jeweller and enchanter. When she first entered Skyrim she was studying conjuration and even had some perks invested in it, but after a whole bunch of Daedric Princes tried to make her kill people or put her in difficult situations she decided she wanted nothing to do with anything Daedric ever again and stopped summoning atronauchs.

Picture: Too lazy to upload. Maybe later, or maybe not.

Tublo

Name: Tobias arentino
race: Imperial to the bone
dislikes: stormcloaks non alcoholic Mead

Tobias was born in Kvatch cyrodil but disliked the ways that the pele of cyrodil treated other races and so moved to skyrim as he was not overly rich he couldn't legally enter skyrim thus he had to just run past the imperials gaurding the border in doing so an arrow was fired that slashed his skin and his eye blinding him in one eye he was then captured and brought to helgen to be beheaded there he met hadvar and he envied Harvard but once the dragon attacked they put there difrences aside and helped eachother escape they then headed to riverwood and split up from there Tobias made his way to solitude to join up with the legion from there he quickly ranked up to legate and had two children with a dunmer named Janessa

Chadonraz

Name: Annika
'Class' or Class Description: Warrior with some magic mixed in
Relative Date of Creation: Earlier this month
Major Skills: All combat skills except 2-H. Smithing, Heavy Armor and Block at 100, 1-H at 54 (legendary x 2), Archery at 95.
Level (Estimate if you must): 69
Factions: Companions, College of Winterhold (still at "Hitting the Books")

What are they up to?: Clearing Driftshade and Gallows every 30 days, looking for the final Word of Power not on Solstheim or quest-locked in TG/CW. Was doing a lot of Companions radiant quests, but right now doesn't want to face her Shield-Siblings... first failure is the hardest.
Also doing simple exploring, clearing out a bandit lair here, a cave there.

Alliance: Has no interest in the Civil War. "Season Unending" was more than enough for her.
Other Details (Optional): She actually started to seem a bit OP for Adept, so I bumped it up to Expert. Only larger Forsworn camps will now be done on Adept, because those folks hit HARD.
So far I haven't noticed much of a difference, but I have yet to have a dragon attack on this difficulty (MQ done, so fewer attacks).
Also kills all Alik'r she comes across (except the two in Whiterun), as she helped Saadia.

Equipment: Legendary Dragonplate armor (stamina enchantment), boots (shock resistance) and gauntlets (archery). Legendary Hevnoraak (because I still haven't found a Necklace of Poison Immunity... well, at least I'm 200% immune to disease in theory :p).
Necklace of Dwindling Fire (+ 40 %), Ring of Revival (health regen + 50 %)
Shield of Solitude. I'm 100 % resistant to magic (yeah, I know there's a cap, but in theory). It's the coolest shield in the game; I really love the wolf motif.
Legendary Dragonbone sword and bow (sword is plain, but bow has chaos enchant), and Dragonbone arrows.

Picture (optional): After successfully retrieving some Fine-Cut Void Salts (I swear that quest isn't radiant... I always get sent to that same cave).

iog1rZC.jpg

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
Name: Baur Gold-Tooth (He has a single gold tooth, his top left canine.)

Race:Nord

'Class' or Class Description: Barbarian (though he will claim to be a simple miner/laborer)

Relative Date of Creation: July 2013, recreated August 2013 due to Skyrim taking a major crap on me.

Major Skills: Two-Handed, Archery, Light Armor, Smithing and some Alchemy

Level :10

Factions:None yet. (will probably end up joining the Stormcloaks and the Companions)

What are they up to? Currently just found out he is Dragonborn, reluctant to go see the Greybeards so he will head out to do other things in the meantime. Before saving and exiting, he discovered a burnt down farm. Upon looking up, he discovered bandits walking the walls of the nearby Fort Greymoor. He'll be taking revenge for the farmers.

Alliance: Currently his only true ally is Lydia, she's literally the bearer of his burdens. Carries all kinds of extra gear..lol

Back story: He was originally born and raised in Skingrad. He was a simple man, raised by his mother, never seen his father (apparantly died in the great war.) He found work in the mines that dotted the hills. After his mother passed away, he made his way to Skyrim based on rumors of work to be had. He was just about to sign on for the mining crew at Darkwater Crossing when he was captured alongside Ulfric Stormcloak. He escaped into the Helgen Fort with Ralof just as Alduin descended.(and quite possibly killed Hadvar)

Other Details: He's a Nord, is a Nord and is a Nord. He loves to drink and go into fits of half-naked debauchery. He is leery of magic and daedra though he tolerates the use of magic around him and sure doesnt seem to mind objects which give him that extra edge in combat.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Name - Konahrik (Warlord) - Konahrik the Golden
Race - Nord/Altmer
Type - Dragonborn Lich
Date of Birth - 25th of First Seed 1704E
Status - Undead
Place of Birth - The Imperial City
Level - 200
Weapons - Staff of Magnus
Miraak's Sword
Class - Necromancer/Sorcerer
Religion - Hermaeus Mora / Shade of the Revenant
Personality - Insane, Paranoid and Delusional he was not always like that though at one time he was a Good person and fought for the People and now he tortures those same People because he can but why, he done so much for them and they treated him like dirt, even after saving their lives from Alduin and so many others and not even getting so much as a Thank you from them.

Facts =
1. Konahrik is Loyal to hermaeus Mora only because it was he who granted Konahrik the Secrets of Lichdom, He respects the Powers of a vampire but he would feel impure if he were to be one
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. His Abilties in the Arcane are due to being part Altmer, That may also why he tries to be pure
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. His Existance was foretold by the Elder Scrolls at the beginning of time and as such a Mask for him was created in the Age of the Dragon Cult
4. Konahrik is a Modern Dragon Priest with a View similar to Miraak, After the slaying of Miraak he began to refuse to kill Dragons and Instead have them serve him to many of the Dov he has established himself as their thuri.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Name: Bahamut
'Class' or Class Description: Jack of All Trades
Relative Date of Creation: Christmas day 2011
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor) - 100 in all magic fields, heavy armor, ~90 in one hand and ~50 in archery
Level (Estimate if you must): 69
Factions: All available factions, minus the Civil War quest line and Bards College, are completed
What are they up to? Finishing random quests (final Daedric quests, etc, etc) and increasing all secondary skills
Alliance: Unaligned
Back story (Optional): N/A
Other Details (Optional): I am a completionist...just trying to do everything in game
Picture (optional):
bahamut.jpg
Bahamut? what a name why not just call him Neo Bahamut or bahamut ZERO

Chadonraz

:D

Name: Hildulf
'Class' or Class Description: Warrior
Relative Date of Creation: 14.10.2013
Major Skills: Combat, Light Armor
Level (Estimate if you must): 8½
Factions: None yet
What are they up to?: Preparing to head to Windhelm to hopefully join the Stormcloaks. Cleared out all bandit camps in Falkreath and Whiterun, now heading to Hjaalmarch to get the Lord Stone. Then he'll be ready.
Alliance: Looking to join the Stormcloaks
Back story: Long, so putting inside spoiler tags
His father suffered from a disabling disease that kept him bedridden and foul-tempered most of the time. When he wasn’t like that, which was extremely rare, he preferred to sit alone in his room, writing poems and songs. Prior to the disease he also made a nice profit writing speeches for nobles and others less talented in the art of language than him.

His mother was a simple, traditional woman, who knew a lot about herbs, flowers and other plants, as well as ways to combine them to create all sorts of mixtures. Some would be beneficial, while others would be poisons. She did her best to try and create a potion to cure – or at least lessen – the nasty illness that overtook her husband. She would spend literally hours grinding, mixing and brewing. That kept her too busy to really look after her children, who quickly learned to rely on each other. They were also forced to learn from experience instead of advice, which was both positive and negative.

Hildulf’s sister, Svanhild, was two years older than him, and very protective of her little brother. She would often offer to do his least liked or most difficult chores for him, if he agreed to do her most boring and simple ones for her. She was really into crafting weapons and armor, even though she had next to no skill in using them. It was the creating new things that appealed to her. Often Hildulf, who had been an avid hunter ever since he found a half-rotten wooden bow in the forest near their home, would get to try out her latest creations. Using a wide range of weapons and equipment eventually made him more or less proficient in all forms of combat (he and his sister fought a lot, despite their warm and close relationship).

When Hildulf was in his mid-teens, a series of unfortunate, even tragic events struck her family. The local authorities found out about his mother’s practicing alchemy, which was at the very least frowned upon in the little village the family lived in. The previous ruler of the area had been poisoned by his “trusted” right-hand man, and no one had been able to find out exactly what kind of poison had been used.

Hildulf’s family didn’t have any enemies, as far as they knew, so they had no idea who’d informed the authorities.
In the end it turned out the “leaker” had been a close friend of Hildulf’s; an Imperial girl named Larina. She had been mad at Hildulf for not being interested in her despite her constant attempts to get his attention. Of course, she hadn’t mentioned anything to Hildulf, so the betrayal came as a total surprise.

The authorities showed up one day and arrested Hildulf’s mother without a single word of explanation. Hildulf and his sister tried everything they could think of to stop them, but two teenagers were absolutely no match for five heavily armoured soldiers.

From then on it was just the two children and their mostly insufferable father in the house. Hildulf volunteered to do the housekeeping chores, while his sister did the cooking. The only thing Hildulf could cook was simple potato soup, whereas her sister had taken some cooking lessons in the past, and was creative when it came to combining what few ingredients they happened to have. With their mother the family had lost over half of their income, as potions (sold only to friends, since Alchemy was not exactly appreciated) were worth a lot more than the few speeches Hildulf’s father wrote. The village was a small community, so there was little need for speeches.
A few years later their father finally passed away, leaving Hildulf and his sister completely on their own. That was when they decided to part ways, each pursuing a different life and set of goals. Hildulf decided to head to the Imperial City, as he had heard there were almost limitless opportunities for someone skilled in combat like him there.

Ten years he spent in the heart of Cyrodiil (his family had lived in a small village northwest of Cheydinhal and east of Bruma), learning the ways of a warrior, along with some more “sophisticated” skills, like Alchemy and Speechcraft. He also became friends with a couple mage students, but because of Larina’s betrayal and his general distrust of magic kept him wary and he never shared secrets with them. However, he did defend them against magic-haters and did his best to support them during hard times. Loyalty was one of his virtues, even when he didn’t find it in others.

Eventually he decided to leave the city, and head for her parents’ homeland, Skyrim. She had heard news of a civil war of some sort having broken out there, and despite his years in Cyrodiil was still a Nord at heart. He’d lived in Skyrim for the first two or three years of his life, but had no memory of the land. He did know, however, that their family had moved to Cyrodiil because her father had had big plans regarding his writing. The Imperial Province was bound to have more nobles in need of a skilled speech-writer than Skyrim did.

But now that the Empire had signed the White-Gold Concordat with the Thalmor elves, and thus banned the worshipping of Talos, a rebellion had broken out in Skyrim. Hildulf, despite being just as religious as your average Mudcrab, recognized the influence of the Ninth Divine. He thought it was a pretty silly reason to start a rebellion over, but also felt some kind of excitement when he first started considering joining the rebellion.

All his life he’d abided by rules set by other people, even if they’d been in total conflict with his personal values and opinions. Now was the perfect time to change that. Besides, he absolutely loathed the Thalmor, and figured it would be worth joining in the war just to keep them out of Skyrim. He knew there were already Thalmor patrols there, arresting and supposedly torturing those found to still worship Talos.

Not to mention fighting against Legion troops would mean invaluable experience – assuming he survived. Hildulf was not afraid of dying, as long as he died an honourable death. And what could possibly be a more honourable way to go than fighting alongside your kinsmen to free your homeland?

There was also the fact that the authorities who’d taken away his mother had been Imperial soldiers.

So he made his decision, and headed north.

The trip was long and difficult, and included a lot of fighting and climbing, but eventually he spotted the border in the horizon. Soon thereafter he experienced a stroke of pure good fortune: he ran into a group of those rebels he was looking to join, also heading for the Cyrodiil – Skyrim border...

Other Details:
- collects all books, notes, letters etc., in honor of his father, and never throws any of them away (even if he accumulates 50000000 DB assassin’s notes)
- prefers to sleep outdoors whenever possible, as he grew rather close to nature on his journey to Skyrim
- a pack of wolves once saved him from a bear, and ever since he’s gone out of his way to avoid having to kill wolves
+ will always fight them (even Ice Wolves) with his fists, and only if they attack first
- is prejudiced against Imperials (race) because of Larina’s betrayal, and will treat them accordingly
- does not trust Khajiit or Argonians, as he’s only ever met thieves, bullies and drug dealers
- is reckless when it comes to fighting non-humanoid enemies: won’t come up with any kind of plans, but rushes headfirst into the battle (except with wolves), even when the opponent is deadly (Dragon, any snow creature, Giant Frostbite Spider etc.)
+ Draugr are considered humanoid enemies, but Falmer and Giants are not
- does not care about fame, riches or glory, and will always choose the humblest conversation options

- will use one of the three offense methods:
+ shield & mace
+ greatsword
+ bow
+ except when brawling (obviously) or fighting wolves
- will use a combination of Light and Heavy armor:
+ Light cuirass
+ Heavy boots/gauntlets/helmet/shield
+ once gets both skills high enough, may start using full sets
+ only uses Fur/Leather/Iron/Steel (Nordic gauntlets, cuffed boots, hornless helmet)/Dragon/Wolf, nothing fancy
- has always preferred nice and simple equipment, hence the mace and those armor types (well, Dragon isn’t exactly simple, but it’s just the high tier equivalent of fur or leather – all are made of materials gotten from animals/creatures)
- won’t use scrolls, however will learn any new spells he finds (knowledge is power, even if you never intend to use it)

---

I can't seem to find a good spot for taking a picture, so here's a description: raven mohawk and knotted beard, mid-weight, some dirt and scars (because of his long journey to Skyrim).
Currently in leather armor with steel everything else + banded iron shield.

Tublo

I also have another character
Name: Captain Saheed Nareen VI of the Isabella
Build: Pirate
Skills: dual wielding and illution magic
Orinally from sentinal the capital of hammerfell he traveled to skyrim after hearing that a dragon had attacked the town of helgen. Upon arriving in skyrim after taking the scenic route through cyrodiil he was attacked by some imperial loyalists who after finding out he was a pirate branded him a traiter to the empire (even though he never supported it) and took him to RIFTEN to be executed (hehe see what I did there) During the execution his most loyal crew member and childhood enemy jumped in and wrestled the axe from the headsman and threw it to the ground then drawing his own sword stabbed the headsman in the chest ( by the way I am using a mod which makes skyrim start as full empire if you were wondering why I chose riften) saheed used his upper body strength to spin himself on the headsman block and rose to his feet then with one mighty kick knowledge the imperial restraining him into a forge he whistled and Dives-Head-First ( his loyal CREWMEMBER) did the same and a horse drawn cart driven by Rayya (saheeds wife) burst through the cities gates saheed and dives leaped onto the back of the cart and left riften
I would write more but I'm on the bus and some weird kid next to me is reading it and I'm about to get off

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts