Poll: Would you play the TES MMO?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Knowing what you do, would you play the "Elder Scrolls MMO"?

• Total voters

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I have my own impressions about the MMO announcement. Of course I know little about it at the moment just as everyone else does, but I was wondering what everyone elses true impressions are.

Do you guys think it could bring the same feel, and direction of the Elder Scrolls to an MMO?

Do you think its just going to be the same old "WoW" clone that we get from other newly created MMO games?

...and is that a good or bad thing?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
It's a good thing for people who like MMOs. I don't see any bad coming from it. People will have their own opinions. I don't play MMOs. I tried WoW and hated it. DCUO is the only MMO I enjoyed, but quickly lost interest after I started Skyrim. I don't like the subscription fees, server maintenance or the Zero replay value when the servers go offline for good. That's just me.

It really doesn't even seem like a TES game to me honestly. Hotbars for skills? Ew. The only thing that interests me in the slightest about it is the fact that I would get to explore all of Tamriel supposedly. And for that, I might just have to check it out. I'm really a bit unsure though. :confused:

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If there's a demo I'll try it out, for sure. A cracked copy is unlikely to be an option, and I'm unlikely to pay for it unless it's a one-off payment and it costs less than Skyrim did.

I would read reviews and forums carefully first though. I'm only interested in co-op play in scripted quests, not fighting other players.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I'm 50/50 right now I'll wait until its out for a bit before I decide.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
As a HUGE TES fan I am sworn to play it but I don't think I will like it

Docta Corvina

Honestly, the more I read/hear about this, the more disappointed I become. One source has made it sound like all races will be playable - except Imperials. Extremely uncool. And the notion that races are faction-based? It's enough to make me extremely wary of it. I may poke around to try it out, but I'm not expecting to be blown away in any positive sense. Just a whopping heap of "MEH" to me at this point.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I might give it a try, but I shudder to think about the balance issues when it comes to such a game. In Oblivion you could have 100+% magic resistance, spell absorption/reflection, etc. and spell creation made mages uber-powerful. In Skyrim warriors get so powerful they can one-shot anything. Just for fairness sake, they definitely have their work cut-out for them.

PelagiusIV

Not really sure yet. I've tried WoW on several occasions because a few of my friends love it, but every time I try it out, I quite within the hour and cannot bring myself to enjoy it (Although I did love Warcraft III, which made me think I'd enjoy WoW). I'll probably give it a try if there's a demo or a friend gets it before I commit to purchasing it. The fact that its an Elder Scroll game intrigues me. And from the info released so far it sounds interesting. Just the whole MMO thing has me hesitant.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
The only reason I am interested in this game is to see all of Tamriel (but judging by an article I read recently, I'm not even sure we'll get to see all of it anymore). I don't care about the gameplay itself, as I've never liked MMOs, but if the game supports the ability to play independently (e.g. no main quests require you to play with others), then I'd be much more apt to get it.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
The only reason I am interested in this game is to see all of Tamriel (but judging by an article I read recently, I'm not even sure we'll get to see all of it anymore). I don't care about the gameplay itself, as I've never liked MMOs, but if the game supports the ability to play independently (e.g. no main quests require you to play with others), then I'd be much more apt to get it.
I'd like to see that article about the game world, because that is something I wondered about.

I know people want to play ALL of Tamerial, but do they ever ask themselves "Do I want all the provinces as big as skyrim... or do I want the provinces as developed as Skyrim"

Having the provinces as "Big" as Skyrim would be pretty easy, but having them with as many encounters, dungeons, NPC interactions, quest hubs and quest mechanics is something all together diffrent.

I wonder if the actual Province of Skyrim in an MMO might not even have more depth than a place like "Breeland" in LOTRO or "Elwynn Forest" in WoW. It could easily happen that all the Provinces are implemented, but there is still nothing to see or do there.

Purdekat

Will probably wait until its released before I say a definite no, though my gut instinct atm is "no way". Have played too many mmo which involved hanging around for ages trying to find enough people to do particular quests, not to mention the inane chat from groups of "mixed infants" trying to be um clever!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts