• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SeaDog

Okay, does anyone (esp thieves/assassin types) ever really go out of their way to CREATE poisons at the Alchemy tables? Or do you just use them as you pick them up or find them?

Sometimes, I will remember to coat my blade. But most of the time, I forget. Wondering if poisons shouldn't play a bigger role in my play style.

Allet

Article Writer
I go out of my way to make them. Not only does the damage help, but if you match up the poisons with the enemies... the amount of indirect / tactical damage you can do is astounding.

brandon

i make alot of poisons but i just sell them. the frostbite poison from the spiders do a fantastic job of messing people up. but i dont use them anymore. i havent even used a health potion in a few days other then when i let a bear or troll beat me up to get higher in my light armor.

Metallipath

Premium Member
Paralysis poison is one of the funniest things I've seen in the game. I highly suggest everybody try it at least once.

While we're on the topic of mats, is there a site that might list mats for some of the more common poisons and/or potions? I'd like to start using poisons more, but all I've got are the ones from those spiders.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO

BlackRat

I create them to use.

Paralysis is awesome. :)
Big, tough mean guy comes charging at me... I poke him with my teensy little dagger, and then turn him to hamburger as he lays helpless on the ground.

Umm... sounds kinda evil and brutal when I put it in words though.
Like... repeatedly stabbing a coma victim. :$

brandon

While we're on the topic of mats, is there a site that might list mats for some of the more common poisons and/or potions? I'd like to start using poisons more, but all I've got are the ones from those spiders.
yeah that uesp site everybody throws out here has a list of ingredents needed but its funner to make them. nightshade, bonemeal, vamp dust i think. all have dam health effects and alot more but cant remember im at work when i get home i could give you the ones ive found i have three effects on most ingredents

brandon

I create them to use.

Paralysis is awesome. :)
Big, tough mean guy comes charging at me... I poke him with my teensy little dagger, and then turn him to hamburger as he lays helpless on the ground.

Umm... sounds kinda evil and brutal when I put it in words though.
Like... repeatedly stabbing a coma victim. :$
lol funny

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Poison is so weak without a strong investment in Alchemy perks. Paralysis is always powerful and damage health is pretty useful. I kind of wish that there were more types of poison. There isn't a Silence poison. I loved making anti-mage characters but now anti-mage poison isn't as available as it was...