• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ferhloc

Hi I'm new here,I registered to try to find a solution for my problem.This is my last resort as I've tried everything within my knoweledge.

Uhh I don't know even where to start...
I'm having a persistant problem of skyrim crashing to desktop with no error completly randomly during gameplay.
I will tell you this so you don't need to keep reading if you don't want to help me:
1. I have a cracked version of skyrim,I bought a cheap pirated version on disk.I am SORRY but I REALLY don't have money to buy this game.
2. If I could not afford original skyrim,then..yeah you guessed it right-I don't have a strong PC...
Ok so here are my PC specs:

CPU: 2.41 Ghz AMD processor model unknown
RAM: 1 gb RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (has the latest driver)

Before you all start shouting me appart I can say that I've been playing with these specs just fine,I reduced graphics to lowest possible.I would get CTDs,but they would be rare,like 1 CTD every 3-4 hours.I could live with that.But,they got more frequent.After I installed 1.8 patch and dawguard,everything was just great and for a few days I got no CTDs.But they started again,and they are happening after just 5-10 min of gameplay.I have greenwaterfix.esp mod that fixes the issue of not seeing anthing in water.Other than Dawguard I have no more mods.
Here are the list of things that I tried:

Turning shadows off
turning Vsync off
reinstalling skyrim and patching again
all sorts of experimentation with ini files (those in mydocuments/skyrim)
trying d3d9.dll graphic mods like ENB anti-freeze
checking TESV.exe run in comphability mode for-tried every system
adding TESV.exe to NVIDIA control panel
applyed customed ini files that I downloaded form nexus that are specficly customized for low PCs
increasing/decreasing virtual memory

Again I am SORRY that I can't afford to buy original game if I could I would buy it right away.
I know that the fact that I have pathetic specs can be causing this,but if someone explains me why and not just plopstalk like "dude ur comp is low u cant play skyrim with that" that would be great.I just have a feeling that I can fix this with some stupid tweak.Anyway thanks to all kind souls that will (or will not :S) help me resolve my problem.

Mannulus

Article Writer
Well you are kind of answering your own question.

The MINIMUM system requirements are:
  • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor (AMD Sempron @ 2.4 GHz)
  • 2GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD space
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation
Considering that you are under the minimum for RAM, you don't have 512MB graphics card (only a 256) and a baseline processor, this is why your computer is having so many issues. If you have a desktop, go to bestbuy or whatever electronics store you like to go to and buy new parts. ;)

Panthera

Don Gato
Maybe you should uninstall dlc so you would be back with previous "1 CTD every 3-4 hours". If doesn't help than install morrowind or oblivion, that is, if you didn't play it yet. :)

And don't worry much for having cracked game. Not that I promote it but I also have it. ;)

Ferhloc

So it is my specs eh? I was just getting my hopes high.I guess I'm back to Oblivion then.I tought that you can play under minimum requirements,sure you would lag and ocasionaly freeze,but the game should't crash like that.Guess I was wrong.Hey but the awesome thing is I've already done the main quest,dawguard main quest and most side quests :D So at least I got to see the cool story! Anyway thanks everyone for fast replies,I will get a strong computer one day :p

Mannulus

Article Writer
So it is my specs eh? I was just getting my hopes high.I guess I'm back to Oblivion then.I tought that you can play under minimum requirements,sure you would lag and ocasionaly freeze,but the game should't crash like that.Guess I was wrong.Hey but the awesome thing is I've already done the main quest,dawguard main quest and most side quests :D So at least I got to see the cool story! Anyway thanks everyone for fast replies,I will get a strong computer one day :p

No problem, that is why we are here. As a family ;)

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
You may have been able to run the game fine before, but as you get further into Skyrim save files become larger and the world has more to give you for completing quests and such. You could probably start a new character and be okay to play.

Also, you can find Skyrim for as cheap as 20 bucks in some places. You just gotta look around.

Ferhloc

I have fixed it :D

I decided not to give up after our little discusion.I deleted ENB mod that is suposted to boost my preformance and made some more modifications to ini files.I've been playing 5+ hours several times and it didn't crash even once.

Game is a bit laggy sometimes,but it's really no big deal.Sometimes,but very,very rarely (once in 5 hours or so) game will freeze for like 30 seconds,but then it just unfreezes and I continue playing.I'm getting another gigabyte of RAM soon so the game will be much smoother.Anyway,I just wanted to let people know that minimum requirements for most games aren't true,there are many factors that can determine will you be able to play the game or not.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts