• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
how do you put items on tables, in bowl/baskets and on or in other items with out the next time you come back its all originaly back where you first droped it?

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
From what i've experienced in game if you drop a item anywhere after a certain amount of time it despawns. I can count several times i've thrown some stuff on the ground and 2-3 ingame days later i return to that spot and all the stuff is gone.

Word of advice, don't drop stuff you want to keep on the ground. Just throw it in a chest in one of the houses you can purchase.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
From what i've experienced in game if you drop a item anywhere after a certain amount of time it despawns. I can count several times i've thrown some stuff on the ground and 2-3 ingame days later i return to that spot and all the stuff is gone.

Word of advice, don't drop stuff you want to keep on the ground. Just throw it in a chest in one of the houses you can purchase.

i was afriad of that, i really wish you could lay out some weapons or gems around your house just to show it off and make the house feel a bit more cozy

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
i was afriad of that, i really wish you could lay out some weapons or gems around your house just to show it off and make the house feel a bit more cozy

Yeah that would be nice unfortunately bethseda didn't take this into consideration, now i'm sure someone could mod the scripting to keep things from despawning inside the houses and even though i make mods i'm not entirely sure how this would be done but i will give it some thought and do some research on it. No promises though.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
Yeah that would be nice unfortunately bethseda didn't take this into consideration, now i'm sure someone could mod the scripting to keep things from despawning inside the houses and even though i make mods i'm not entirely sure how this would be done but i will give it some thought and do some research on it. No promises though.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
ya it would be be cool to have such a simple yet obvious thing to do in you own house. to bad im a console owner :/... ah well still if the pc communitte could do that it would be pretty cool

Smarty

It depends where you place the object, in outdoor/city cells, they will be removed. In the houses you purchase in-game they will not despawn. Although, and I know for a fact this used to happen in Morrowind and Oblivion, some npcs might take it, especially if it's food.

If you want to lock items into place, even in non-safe cells, see decorator assistant on the nexus, and here is the skse/vanilla version.

If you are on the pc, it's much easier to just place items in the construction set, even a six year old child could do that.

I'd love to personalise my house(s) much more but every time i make the place look sweet it just looks like a very clumsy giant has been through it when i return. It's a shame as i've lots of empty shelves.