Pixelated highlights on female faces

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Matdir

This just started happening randomly; I didn't install anything new, didnt change anything, but when i started up skyrim this happened.

2012-07-16_00004.jpg

The only face mod that i have is no blocky faces, and i don't have any lighting mods.

This only effects females, all males are normal.

Reaperpilot2014

For reference, the fix I found applies to Nexus Mod Manager, and is unrelated to the Steam Skyrim Workshop. I hope that other people having this problem will come along and see that we figured it out, and be able to fix it themselves.

Yeah, I actually got a bit mod happy and had over 150 mods, several that directly modded textures. I had deactivated all of my mods, just in case, but the problem still remained. Perhaps it was a Skyrim core file that was affected? In any case, you are spot on that it was CBBE causing the problem, which made my experiments only take an hour or so.

I have Caliente's CBBE V3.1, as well as Better Females by Bella. Caliente says that these two mods can conflict and cause this problem, although I believe other mods that affect face texturing could be possible culprits as well.

Solution: What ended up working for me was uninstalling (completely, not just deactivating) and then reinstalling Calientes mod AND THEN Better Females by Bella. When asked to overwrite, I said yes. I have had nor further problems and both mods now work together flawlessly. Hopefully this helps somebody else in our situation.