Pickpocket, the new power leveler!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I've dabbled with this skill before, but really dove into it lately.

It's really fun actually, but very easy to level/overlevel. It's a good thing that most people don't see it as integral, or it might get a patch. :eek:

I made a Kahjiit and have been systematically robbing everyone in skyrim. All noncombat skills. Alchemy, Pickpocket, and sneak. That's it.

I pickpocket by day, burglarize by night then catch a midnight chariot to the next town. I have tried putting the key to the dungeon of each city in the jail cell if there is an empty sack for an easy escape, but I have not been arrested yet.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Your like Robin Hood! If Robin Hood was an a**hole ;)

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
sounds fun

Harperlarp

My mum plays skyrim and she told me that you can go to see Sibbi Black Briar in the Riften jail and pickpocket him to your heart's content. Even if he catches you there is no penalty. She went from 40 to 100 in one go using this method.

Morgan

Your mum wasted a trip to Riften. You can powerlevel pickpocket to 100 anywhere. Even if you get caught it's just a 25 gold fine. Or just quicksave before the grab. For a few gold and trash rings and gems, your chances start pretty high and close in on 90 very quickly, so getting caught is unlikely unless you go for the big score.

Edit: Just to stress, I'm not saying this is a good idea, just that it's possible. I generally don't think powerleveling is wise unless you understand the repercussions of leveling via non-combat skills. For newer players I'd recommend always making sure your top two skills include one that directly causes damage and another that directly mitigates damage.

Necromis

yes, but he is correct in that you can pickpocket a prisoner, with no guards around, much easier and quicker, and w/o having to worry about quick saves and/or paying bounties.

Necromis

The wiki also points out another cheat, while doing the DB quest "With friends like these..." you can pickpocket the victems unlimtedly w/o earing a bounty, they don't report anything.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts