Physical Copy or Steam Download?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lagerale

Umm... you guys know that the games already available to download on steam? i have it installed right now, can play it the minute the game comes out :p

I didn't know this, I am actually thinking of getting it from Steam now sense I can download it prior to Friday and just come home from work and play it. Quality information, thanks. :)

Micheal Mckinlay

No worries ^^, either way, i did it last night, 2.2mb download speed, steam says i can play it as soon as it releases in 1 day 1 hour ! so excited xD

Flamingtaco

I was going to go with a physical copy just so I could get the map that gamestop is offering as a preorder bonus, but with the contest going on, I am perfectly happy to get it (free) on Steam.

bradavis

haha there's so many mixed opinions on the matter. But since it's automatically linked with steam even in the physical version, I think I'll go with the physical version of the game. But since I'm not getting it until my first semester of school is over in December, I've got lots of time to think!

Flamingtaco

haha there's so many mixed opinions on the matter. But since it's automatically linked with steam even in the physical version, I think I'll go with the physical version of the game. But since I'm not getting it until my first semester of school is over in December, I've got lots of time to think!
Aww I feel so bad for you. I can't believe that for a while I actually considered waiting until christmas for this.

Flamingtaco

Are you in college or high school because that seems like a strange time to end a semester? Mine ends in middle of january.

Personally steam wins over for me, I do love having physical copies of my games but a while ago my Xbox disc reader died on me and it rendered all the discs useless. I know I could have got it fixed but I had started to play TF2 on the computer and then my library started increasing slowly over time and now I have a huge selection of games on steam, I also like the freedom to be able to download them at all times. I do kinda miss mods though. :/

Wishkah

Even though i had to have steam to play Civ V this last month, i'm just not clued into steam..so i bought my copy of Skyrim from Wally world and it should be arriving shortly... at least i got a good night's sleep last night..

bradavis

So I've noticed that people are complaining about steam being a dick when it comes to downloading and installing it from the steam servers. Does this issue arise when using the physical copy? Also, I've heard that when you get the physical copy, it installs through steam regardless. With that being the case, do you even need your disk again after it's been installed?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts