OOC (PG) Embers: WinterFall

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
    I'll get straight on it, any type of character in particular you are looking for?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
    That's up to Jarif. If you look back through the thread you can see all of our cc's and see if and where you fit. Jarif is apparently the boss though.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    I'm soon done with my "improved" story. Hope it will be good enough this time :p

Daelon DuLac

jarif

I'll get straight on it, any type of character in particular you are looking for?

Just post up something unique
    So far we have:
    • A dark wolf who gambles, drinks, womanizes - mananizes (is that a word) and all kinds of things
    • A red head Nord who is evil, acerbic, overconfident (in my opinion), flirty
    • A intelligent wealthy British Asian Clown Ninja who is a bit sadistic, goofy, acerbic, troll
    • A scary looking tall Assassin Warrior Argonain
    • A strong, experienced and master/expert assassin-thief Nord
    • A baddass avenger Nord

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Damn, someone's already Argonian.. well that doesn't happen often :p I'm feeling a character along the lines of a less than honest merchant/craftaman, or a hunter/explorer type character, or my mercenary/pirate idea... any preference?

Daelon DuLac

Just post up something unique
    So far we have:
    • A dark wolf who gambles, drinks, womanizes - mananizes (is that a word) and all kinds of things
    • A red head Nord who is evil, acerbic, overconfident (in my opinion), flirty
    • A intelligent wealthy British Asian Clown Ninja who is a bit sadistic, goofy, acerbic, troll
    • A scary looking tall Assassin Warrior Argonain
    • A strong, experienced and master/expert assassin-thief Nord
    • A baddass avenger Nord
    By the way :p

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Erm, im thinking either a merchant, mercenary or ranger...

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Of course it will be a more in depth and interesting character than I make it sound...

jarif

Damn, someone's already Argonian.. well that doesn't happen often :p I'm feeling a character along the lines of a less than honest merchant/craftaman, or a hunter/explorer type character, or my mercenary/pirate idea... any preference?

Up to you but I think we have too many mercenaries and thieves now. I'd be interested in something light hearted - maybe a hunter/explorer/ranger kind of things. It would be epic to have a hunter/bow - ranger guy on the crew :D

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Here is the new story. Tell me if I should expand to the end, felt like leaving it a bit open :)

Born in the poor districts of Whiterun, Fenrir’s life has been a struggle from the very beginning. At an age of just 12, his parents died from an unknown disease and he was left to survive on his own. As the access to food in this part of town was very limited, he had to depend on the leftovers that the others left behind, as well as any poor animal he managed to catch in the back alleys, like cats, rats and if he was lucky; a bird or two.

After about a year alone, Fenrir met an older man named Bjorn, who felt sorry for him, and saw potential in the young boy. Bjorn took him in as his son and trained him in the arts of combat together with his own son Garren. Both Fenrir and Garren quickly grew into decent warriors, and they build quite a friendly rivalry where everything soon became a competition. But no matter how many times he and Garren argued or fought he still loved both him and Bjorn more than anything.

For many years Bjorn, Fenrir and Garren traveled around Skyrim looking for brave and strong adventurers and warriors to join their group of mercenaries, “The Sons of Dawn”. But during this time, Fenrir grew more and more restless and annoyed by all of Bjorn’s commands and orders, and each day, his temper shortened. And having a vicious and brutal nature, Bjorn often had to hold him back as soon as they met any complications on their way.

However, one day, Fenrir lost his patience when a young boy tried to steal from their camp in the morning. Bjorn tried to talk the boy into rethinking his choices and join them to earn money ‘a legal way’. The boy was terrified and tried to run, only to have Fenrir run after him and brutally kill him. When he dragged the dead body back to the camp he looked Bjorn into the eyes and said: “I do respect you… father. But there was no hope for him anyway.” Bjorn then looked back at him with a sad face. “Don’t forget that you once were like him. Just a poor boy doing anything to get his hands on some food.” Bjorn started. “You know, ‘fenrir’ means wolf. And I always feared you to be a dark wolf amongst us.”

That same night, Fenrir, devastated by the way he had disappointed his father figure, decided it was time for him to leave the group and continue on alone. So he left the camp, only leaving a note behind where he told Garren and Bjorn how sorry he was for disappointing them, and that he felt it was best for him to find his own way.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'm more than happy to fill the ranger/archer slot, can that character branch over into gatherer/alchemist?

Daelon DuLac

I'm more than happy to fill the ranger/archer slot, can that character branch over into gatherer/alchemist?

That might be interesting since Ingin is an expert archer and alchemist as well. It would be great if there was someone there that actually created something other than poisons in the alchemy area and that could actually hunt something other than NPCs to keep us fed (unless, of course there's somebody other than Ingin that likes sentient flesh).

jarif

Sure :) I'm usually a fan of archers who can use alchemy like poison.

jarif

That might be interesting since Ingin is an expert archer and alchemist as well. It would be great if there was someone there that actually created something other than poisons in the alchemy area and that could actually hunt something other than NPCs to keep us fed (unless, of course there's somebody other than Ingin that likes sentient flesh).

Do you mind being less skilled than this Ranger character in archery?

jarif

Here is the new story. Tell me if I should expand to the end, felt like leaving it a bit open :)

Born in the poor districts of Whiterun, Fenrir’s life has been a struggle from the very beginning. At an age of just 12, his parents died from an unknown disease and he was left to survive on his own. As the access to food in this part of town was very limited, he had to depend on the leftovers that the others left behind, as well as any poor animal he managed to catch in the back alleys, like cats, rats and if he was lucky; a bird or two.

After about a year alone, Fenrir met an older man named Bjorn, who felt sorry for him, and saw potential in the young boy. Bjorn took him in as his son and trained him in the arts of combat together with his own son Garren. Both Fenrir and Garren quickly grew into decent warriors, and they build quite a friendly rivalry where everything soon became a competition. But no matter how many times he and Garren argued or fought he still loved both him and Bjorn more than anything.

For many years Bjorn, Fenrir and Garren traveled around Skyrim looking for brave and strong adventurers and warriors to join their group of mercenaries, “The Sons of Dawn”. But during this time, Fenrir grew more and more restless and annoyed by all of Bjorn’s commands and orders, and each day, his temper shortened. And having a vicious and brutal nature, Bjorn often had to hold him back as soon as they met any complications on their way.

However, one day, Fenrir lost his patience when a young boy tried to steal from their camp in the morning. Bjorn tried to talk the boy into rethinking his choices and join them to earn money ‘a legal way’. The boy was terrified and tried to run, only to have Fenrir run after him and brutally kill him. When he dragged the dead body back to the camp he looked Bjorn into the eyes and said: “I do respect you… father. But there was no hope for him anyway.” Bjorn then looked back at him with a sad face. “Don’t forget that you once were like him. Just a poor boy doing anything to get his hands on some food.” Bjorn started. “You know, ‘fenrir’ means wolf. And I always feared you to be a dark wolf amongst us.”

That same night, Fenrir, devastated by the way he had disappointed his father figure, decided it was time for him to leave the group and continue on alone. So he left the camp, only leaving a note behind where he told Garren and Bjorn how sorry he was for disappointing them, and that he felt it was best for him to find his own way.

I like it so far. It will do for now; I would love it if you could expand it :)

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Yeah of he goes more into the potions instead of poisons and hunts animals and stuffs for food for the group, but he uses the trapping side of things a lot... now to choose, wood elf, kahjiit or my favourite argonian...

jarif

Yeah of he goes more into the potions instead of poisons and hunts animals and stuffs for food for the group, but he uses the trapping side of things a lot... now to choose, wood elf, kahjiit or my favourite argonian...

I think a Bosmer would be epic (but seriously dude, if you make this guy a cannibal than I will be scared)

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    A cannibal? That could be very interesting... although a werewolf or vampire would work well too

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts